Posted: 5/30/2020 3:52:35 PM EDT
How is there not a thread on this.

It has everything.

Botched no knock raid
Violence
Vandalism
Property damage
People shooting each other in the crowd
Corrections officer shooting the media with a pepper ball paint gun.
Out of state agitators
Curfews
III%ers at the protest today providing security for the protesters.
Black lives matter
All lives matter
Mayor Fisher shitting kittens
Andy calling out the NG
They broke poor King Louie’s hand off
Vandalized the court house right in front of the police.
Stole the autism KY Derby horse.
Unenforceable curfew

Tonite should be interesting.

Link Posted: 5/30/2020 3:55:48 PM EDT
[#1]
You forgot "stole the KY derby horse statue..."

I'm downtown in the middle of it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 4:59:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You forgot "stole the KY derby horse statue..."

I'm downtown in the middle of it.
View Quote

Me too. They marched right by my house last night.

Edited original post to add the horse. Thanks I totally forgot that.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Add reactionary and unenforceable curfew to the mix...

What's comical is that these same disenchanted fools will fall all over themselves to vote Democrat come November. Well, it's not that funny.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 6:44:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Supposedly they are going to gather tonight (5/30/2020) near Costco off Brownsboro Rd near Norton Commons.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 7:39:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Supposedly they are going to gather tonight (5/30/2020) near Costco off Brownsboro Rd near Norton Commons.
View Quote
That's not on the bus route.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:00:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gonna be fun times out there tonight.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Finally some good news from the MF'n South End...

" />

" />
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:40:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/yjURIQr.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/yjURIQr.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/NH9D3ut.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/NH9D3ut.jpg
View Quote

Miss those commercials.

Stay safe Louisville!
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 9:52:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I live in Clarskville and it sounds like shit's going down near the riverfront.... lots of 40mm launchers and flashbangs can be heard.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Some pepperballs and gas.

Bardstown road facing off now
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:04:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’m ready and waiting
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:10:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Once again the protest is literally all around my house. I have been hearing flash bangs for the last hour or so and a few minutes ago a bunch of cars left the area in much haste. Cops in their finest riot gear all around and helicopters overhead.

Earlier this evening we walked the protest. No violence, vandalism or looting that I saw. Earlier in the day metro works came through and removed all of the trash cans from Bardstown rd and Baxter Ave. Couple of businesses were preparing for the worst, boarding up windows etc. Other businesses were setting out bottles of water and gallons of milk for the protestors. If the police saw it and it wasn’t on private property they would pour it out and of course toss the trash wherever. Cops were setting up in a local school parking lot to change into their war clothes and park about fifty cars plus a couple of transport vans.

Now it’s all honking horns as people are using their cars to get around the Mayors BS curfew as they continue their protest.

The riot from my vantage point was pretty weak sauce as far as riots go. It appears the action is downtown.

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:12:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/yjURIQr.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/yjURIQr.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/NH9D3ut.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/NH9D3ut.jpg
View Quote

I bet he calls overhead door Monday to get that roll down gate fixed.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:14:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Add reactionary and unenforceable curfew to the mix...

What's comical is that these same disenchanted fools will fall all over themselves to vote Democrat come November. Well, it's not that funny.
View Quote

Added
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:16:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Some pepperballs and gas.

Bardstown road facing off now
View Quote

Both groups stood and stared at each other across the highland Baxter intersection most of the evening.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:25:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Now that the “riot” has been dispersed in my area I have a lot more random people milling around the hood. I liked it better when they were all together.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:50:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Still waiting....
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:41:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Reading the various comments on social media, it seems like a lot of Louisvillians forgot that they voted in lockstep for Fischer's third term and also support public unions (wHy HaVeN't ThE PoLiCe oFfIcErS bEeN fIrEd YeT????).

Unless the feds stupidly bail us out, not sure how Andy and Greg (and his successor) are going to ward off the dissatisfaction (aka buy votes) this time. They may just have to rely on many constituents' unrequited love for Big Brother.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:52:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Took the dogs out this morning to see the aftermath. T-Mobile has some windows broken nothing looks to have been looted. Broadway property management got tagged with some graffiti “Slum Lord Cunts” on the sidewalk in front of their office. Well they’re not wrong. Starbucks had windows cracked all along the Highland Ave side, interesting enough that was the side that the police occupied and all the windows were damaged in the same way. Like they were tapped with a melee type object, broke but completely intact. The windows on all the other building on that corner untouched  Another unoccupied building had “We will win” sprayed on the wall.

Dogs had a good walk
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Still waiting....
View Quote

I pretty sure you’ll be waiting a while.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:09:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Last night seems to have been what protests should be. Peaceful.
Didnt see too much violence but stopped watching at 1030.

The shit that happened all over the country on the other hand is nuts
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#22]
So last night I watched the WLKY copter feed for a good long while. They were circling the highland Baxter intersection where the Starbucks is. When I was watching it seemed to be all police and NG for the most part. Few if any actual protesters. Lots of flash bangs and tear gas.

This morning all of that footage has been edited down to just 25 minutes of flight over downtown. It seems that this other footage wasn’t important suddenly, they seemed to think it was pretty important last night cause they streamed it for about an hour and a half nonstop.

Edited to add

I contacted them and now the footage is back on their FB page. This is my surprised face.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Two people shot.  47 arrested.  But otherwise it was better than expected.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:34:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

guess I should have watched the news before posting

doh
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

So just an average Saturday night  in the Ville then.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:32:05 PM EDT
[#27]
https://www.wdrb.com/news/several-accused-of-trying-to-break-into-river-city-firearms/article_e054fa68-a418-11ea-a514-e300b27eeb00.html
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:47:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
https://www.wdrb.com/news/several-accused-of-trying-to-break-into-river-city-firearms/article_e054fa68-a418-11ea-a514-e300b27eeb00.html
View Quote

So that's why I keep getting robocalls at 7 in the fricking morning from the ATF.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So that's why I keep getting robocalls at 7 in the fricking morning from the ATF.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Me too.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:23:00 PM EDT
[#30]
https://www.wdrb.com/news/one-dead-after-shooting-involving-police-national-guard-in-russell-neighborhood/article_93827d8c-a3cd-11ea-bcaf-17fb337ecba5.html
What that news article does not tell us is if the person shot was the one who was shooting at police and guardsmen or just an innocent bystander. This could be a justified use of deadly force or just one more disaster for Louisville.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:57:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Not looking good. Police body cameras not activated. Why not? NG not required to have body cameras.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#32]
LMPD Chief fired. He only had 30 days until his retirement became effective.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:31:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
LMPD Chief fired. He only had 30 days until his retirement became effective.  
View Quote

What are the odds...  doing as told and towing the mayors line, ya gets whatcha gets...
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:26:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

https://www.wdrb.com/news/one-dead-after-shooting-involving-police-national-guard-in-russell-neighborhood/article_93827d8c-a3cd-11ea-bcaf-17fb337ecba5.html
What that news article does not tell us is if the person shot was the one who was shooting at police and guardsmen or just an innocent bystander. This could be a justified use of deadly force or just one more disaster for Louisville.
View Quote

The facts aren't known, but what information is available, if true, suggests it's doubtful he was the shooter. He owned a BBQ shop next to the food mart/convenience store. It's being reported that he had a friendly relationship with police and provided them meals at no charge in the past. Former LMPD officer and current Metro Council President David James says that he was a friend of his.

This incident and the fact that police had no body cams during it will take this to a whole other level. With Chauvin arrested in Minneapolis and taking some pressure from there, it's possible Louisville could become the epicenter for this unrest nationally.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:45:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Negligent homicide is a phase that comes to mind. I wonder if the mob will be satisfied with that charge? What about Fischer and Beshear? They sent the NG into the city. Oh, wait. They're democrats, no charges are required.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:55:31 PM EDT
[#36]
You would think the folks in Jeff Co would have had enough by now...  wait, nevermind...
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:58:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Pray for our city. It’s coming. I’m so over this.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:17:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Pray for our city. It’s coming. I’m so over this.
View Quote

Done.

I have been, for Louisville and our Nation.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:30:37 PM EDT
[#39]
I lived in Jefferson County for two years. I knew it would eventually turn into an even worse shithole someday, so I left.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 1:02:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Update?
View Quote

At a press conference just now, police stated there is video that shows McAtee firing a gun prior to being shot. Investigators could not say if he was shooting at police or someone else.

ETA: Video in article
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 1:37:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

At a press conference just now, police stated there is video that shows McAtee firing a gun prior to being shot. Investigators could not say if he was shooting at police or someone else.

View Quote

They did not produce the gun that was supposedly used.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:02:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

The plot thickens...

Gee, if only there was some sort of camera for officers to wear while on duty...
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Video from inside and outside the man's residence is now available. It appears that he was the shooter and the Police and NG shot the right person. The shooter is wearing a red shirt. At 2:29 the man in a white shirt just behind the man in the red shirt appears to have a gun in his right hand and the man in the red shirt appears to fire a gun out the door, perhaps twice, and seconds later turns and stumbles inside, holding his chest. At 5:10 to 5:50 you can see two puffs of smoke coming from inside the building followed by breaking bottles that MAY be the result of shots incoming. In any case, the police and NG seem to pick this time to get away from that area. Very helpful of the shooter to furnish this video of his own criminal activity.

https://www.wdrb.com/in-depth/police-say-video-shows-david-mcatee-firing-shots-before-being-hit-in-west-louisville-shooting/article_23e2fae2-a4ef-11ea-81bc-235715f2921c.html
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Shocked
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:43:27 PM EDT
[#45]
makes no sense to me... why shoot then and there and at who

???????????

anyway, the lady and the no-knock raid event really hurts me

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:22:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can see it on the floor in the video. The girl at the door points at it. McAtee drops it as he runs back into the kitchen.

Police just announced they found six pistols and one shotgun in the business. They added that only one pistol "showed signs of being shot".
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 1:05:25 AM EDT
[#47]
well I totally agree with this 'idiot'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWQTv4v3aDI

Link Posted: 6/4/2020 1:00:53 PM EDT
[#48]
A bit of opportunistic crime going on as well... Walgreens and Cash America Pawn on New Cut and the WalMart and strip mall at New Cut and Outer Loop a couple days ago, and Davis Jewelers last night. I'm sure there's more but I don't watch the local news.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 6:59:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
A bit of opportunistic crime going on as well... Walgreens and Cash America Pawn on New Cut and the WalMart and strip mall at New Cut and Outer Loop a couple days ago, and Davis Jewelers last night. I'm sure there's more but I don't watch the local news.
View Quote

The news isn't reporting all of them. The governor and mayor are downplaying the incidents. There's more instances posted on social media that aren't being reported in the media or official press conferences.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 11:05:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

You've got it all wrong. The people that did those things are not our gallant protestors. Those people were "white supremacists". I saw security cam video of those "white supremacists" pushing out carts of groceries, carrying off TV's and applicanes and breaking windows. I never realized that there were so many black people that are "white supremacists".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top