Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2021 8:34:56 AM EDT
Hello, the family and I are stopping in Louisville to see the baseball museum while on our way to Tennessee.   We are planning to stay at a hotel almost right next door.   Is that area ok?   Anything to be aware of?   We are only staying one morning to see the museum and then leaving.   Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 6:27:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Not that bad. Go to Bardstown Rd and find a nice bar. But, I'm from Ohio!! I have spent some time in the area you asked about. 4th Street live is sweet!
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 9:01:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hello, the family and I are stopping in Louisville to see the baseball museum while on our way to Tennessee.   We are planning to stay at a hotel almost right next door.   Is that area ok?   Anything to be aware of?   We are only staying one morning to see the museum and then leaving.   Thanks.
View Quote

If you are talking about the Louisville Slugger Factory & Museum, you'll be fine if you're staying next-door. Do Not leave anything in your car, even if it's in a garage. That is right on the edge of the 'downtown' area, and pretty busy with conventioneers and tourists. If you have any time left over, go across the street to the Frazier Museum; they still have a lot of historical arms on display.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 9:38:38 AM EDT
[#3]
How'd it go? I would recommend not going west of 9th street. Most of downtown is 'gimmicky'.
Wilson purchased H&B a few years ago - I'd be interested in hearing if the tours and store have suffered.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top