Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2018 9:01:02 PM EDT
Not a drill folks...

Tomorrow, December 4th, the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors meeting will meet at 5pm at 1 Harrison Street in Leesburg, VA at the County Government building to discuss measures to ban hunting/shooting on more private property within Loudoun County.

I wish I had more info, but it sounded like a last minute deal. Message was left on my voicemail tonight and was sent by Chris Anders of the Virginia Constitutional Conservatives (571-306-1227).

Just found this:

https://virginiaconservatives.net/hunting-shooting-private-property/

https://virginiaconservatives.net/board/
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 9:19:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Very bad.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 9:45:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very bad.
View Quote
We got a similar one quashed in chesapeake. You have to get a lot of people to show up at the hearing. They shelved it for a more opportune time. They used the police 911 time used up for gunshot calls argument.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 8:09:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Imagine that ! dick heads machine gun other people's houses and property and now folks want to make it more difficult for all shooters.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:30:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Imagine that ! dick heads machine gun other people's houses and property and now folks want to make it more difficult for all shooters.
View Quote
At least charge the dickhead.  He was shooting with 2 other people.   They played a game of we don't know who pulled the trigger.  Being GS14 may have helped dickhead evade charges.  How can a county seek shooting restrictions when they don't charge a negligent shooter (dude has a history of firearm fuck ups, I had to kick him off my place).
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:43:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm planning to show up.  My outdoor range and the property I hunt is in Loudoun.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:44:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
At least charge the dickhead.  He was shooting with 2 other people.   They played a game of we don't know who pulled the trigger.  Being GS14 may have helped dickhead evade charges.  How can a county seek shooting restrictions when they don't charge a negligent shooter (dude has a history of firearm fuck ups, I had to kick him off my place).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any articles on this guy?
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:55:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've never seen his name mentioned anywhere, but yes, he's had other mishaps (not in Loudoun) and one made GD threads years ago.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 1:19:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I’m hearing they are going to push for a rifle ban in the county.  As in, no hunting or target practice with rifles.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 2:15:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I’m hearing they are going to push for a rifle ban in the county.  As in, no hunting or target practice with rifles.
View Quote
It wasn't rifle rounds that dickhead lit up those 3 houses in Aldie with.  As presented, it sounds like that moron could still shoot up other's stuff and probably continue to avoid charges.  Why has the county gone out of their way to protect the reckless and punish all?
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I've read the workgroup report and while favorable we need everyone to come out to make sure the board doesn't screw us over anyway.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 3:37:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've read the workgroup report and while favorable we need everyone to come out to make sure the board doesn't screw us over anyway.
View Quote
I'll be there.  I'm on the waiting list to speak.  From their FB Page, Moms Demand Action wants to be there in force to "protect our children from rifles" or some such.  We need gun owners to SHOW UP.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 3:49:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It wasn't rifle rounds that dickhead lit up those 3 houses in Aldie with.  As presented, it sounds like that moron could still shoot up other's stuff and probably continue to avoid charges.  Why has the county gone out of their way to protect the reckless and punish all?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You know it doesnt matter what they used when it comes to politicians. It could have been a .22 from a pistol,  they still want your rifles (first).
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Is the guy that did this gonna be there?
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 6:00:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Filling up, and yeah, the moms are in the front row
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 6:02:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I’m here.  Looks like a decent turnout
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 6:02:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is the guy that did this gonna be there?
View Quote
Lol, I doubt it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 6:43:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 7:01:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Here, good turnout
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 7:12:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Of course.  How many?  There were almost none last time.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like 8, in there stupid shirts.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 7:36:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
About 10 or so, judging by Everytown and MDA shirts.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 7:56:29 PM EDT
[#22]
The board ran away for a closed session hoping we’ll leave.  The red shits are staying

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 12:37:58 AM EDT
[#23]
It’s mind boggling that Republicans hold a 6-3 majority on the board and we have to put up with this shit.

The Democrat chair they allowed is ignorant.

Basically everything is still at risk because they punted to hide from the public in committee.  Keeping it all alive
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 6:35:52 AM EDT
[#24]
From VCDL-

Last night the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors spent HOURS deciding what to do about any new hunting/shooting restrictions.

VCDL had an excellent turnout (thanks!), much higher than the Moms Demand Action group.

I was the 20th speaker out of 25.  Most were pro-gun, but a few were not.

I must say the Chairwoman, Phyllis Randall, seemed a bit disorganized and easily confused.  She stated that she supports the idea of educating people, but had no interest in getting educated herself on guns by going shooting.  Sigh.

The Board approved a motion on producing educational items for gun owners so they understand how to shoot safely and where they can shoot in the County.

They punted on the rest of the items, sending them to another committee for study.  So we'll have to go back at least one more time before this issue is put to bed.  :-(

Here are the items that the Board sent to a committee to study and report back with recommendations:

* moving the current "no shooting" boundary further west
* moving the minimum distance from a road where shooting is allowed from 50 yards to 100 yards
* setting requirements for berms and/or shooting downhill
* requesting a change to state law to remove the requirement for malicious intent in order to prosecute when a bullet hits a house

So, educational materials will be prepared and disseminated by the County, but everything else is headed to a committee for analysis.  Thus, no new restrictions on the horizon YET.  Let's hope it stays that way.

I would like to acknowledge Supervisors Ralph Buona, Suzanne Volpe, Tony Buffington, and Geary Higgins for taking a strong pro-rights position on each of the items considered.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:57:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It's mind boggling that Republicans hold a 6-3 majority on the board and we have to put up with this shit.

The Democrat chair they allowed is ignorant.

Basically everything is still at risk because they punted to hide from the public in committee.  Keeping it all alive
View Quote
LOL, Va GOP are the biggest cucks in the country. Perfectly happy to sit in the corner and beat off while the dems fuck their wives.

Good luck guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top