Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2020 9:02:10 PM EDT
Mrs Rabinowitz and I went to Nebraska Furniture Mart to look for a new bedroom suit.  She is tired of the one we have.

NFM was packed.  The salesgirl said it was even crazier Saturday.  Regular announcements about social distancing that no one was practicing.  Sales staff and some shoppers had masks.

Drove past Scheels.  Their parking lot was crowded.

Then we went to Hard 8.  Lots of customers.  Commerce is coming back.  Never went away for WM, Lowes, or HD.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:31:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I think people have had enough of the cave life.  I think there will be some caution in how most behave in crowds, but most know hardcore lockdown can't continue.  Here in Abilene, it didn't slow down very much at all except for eat-in restaurants, theaters, etc.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:02:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Went to Lowe’s in McKinney today. Crowded. I’d say 30% of customers wore masks. All or nearly all staff did as well. Seems like there are wood shortages now. Guy said that some mills were closed and they are backed up. I’m short 60 PT 2x10x8s for my project now.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:50:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 5:55:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, I think people have had enough of the cave life.  I think there will be some caution in how most behave in crowds, but most know hardcore lockdown can't continue.  Here in Abilene, it didn't slow down very much at all except for eat-in restaurants, theaters, etc.
View Quote

Yeah, you wouldnt have known anything weird was going on in Abi except what you listed.  

The second restaurants opened back up, BAM!  crowds
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah, you wouldnt have known anything weird was going on in Abi except what you listed.  

The second restaurants opened back up, BAM!  crowds
View Quote

From other posts I take it you're from the area...or visit regularly.

On your comment about the normalcy observed in Abilene during this mess, definitely agree.  I work part time at the largest local bike shop here, and we sold every bike we had and every bike we could get from different manufacturers.  And repairs have been through the roof.  Crazy.

I also do a little part time work at Max's Cycles once in awhile, and it's been super active there during this event.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:03:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

From other posts I take it you're from the area...or visit regularly.

On your comment about the normalcy observed in Abilene during this mess, definitely agree.  I work part time at the largest local bike shop here, and we sold every bike we had and every bike we could get from different manufacturers.  And repairs have been through the roof.  Crazy.

I also do a little part time work at Max's Cycles once in awhile, and it's been super active there during this event.
View Quote

I’ve got fam from DFW who came to visit midPlandemic, said it was a different world there.  Here?   Yeah, not so much.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 1:15:57 PM EDT
[#7]
We went to Bucky Moonshines in Deep Ellum on Saturday about 7 to get take out. About 5 or 6 groups of people eating in the restaurant. 4 or 5 of us waiting in line with masks for take out. That's still early for the vampire crowd.

I did watch a homeless guy eat the flowers in the flowerbed in front of the place on Elm St. I know most flowers are edible, but he was eating zexmenia hispida. It's kind of hairy.

Liquor to go is pretty kick ass. Especially Taco Cabana. My wife never drinks, but I got her to split a couple with me this weekend.

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:31:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yeah, I think people have had enough of the cave life.  tc.
View Quote

They've had enough of being LIED to by media and government.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top