Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 3/31/2022 6:23:54 PM EDT
Looking at properties around Grafton, Wellington and so forth. What's the 2A climate in the county like...friendly sheriff, public enemy #1, ?

I'd prefer to be out of towns and away from HOAs if possible, but also want to be aware of any fuckery on their parts.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 8:54:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I live in Ashland County, one county below Lorain and we have all that you listed.

I want to say Lorain went Hitlery in 16 but Trump in 20.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Lorain county is getting better, lived here since 2004.  I don't know about the sheriff, but local police chiefs sign forms all the time.

And yes, it is turning red.  The population of Lorain and Elryia are declining, and areas which you mentioned and the far western suburbs, Avon and Avon Lake are growing, so the  conservative base is growing.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 2:12:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Excellent. Currently in Summit and want out of this particular area. Wayne, Ashland, Medina, Lorain are the counties we're actively looking in.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 4:00:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Vermillion is nice
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Excellent. Currently in Summit and want out of this particular area. Wayne, Ashland, Medina, Lorain are the counties we're actively looking in.
View Quote

I’m newer to summit and still haven’t found anywhere to shoot outdoors. I’d love a club with long rifle ranges and a good pistol range but haven’t had any luck finding that.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 10:49:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I’m newer to summit and still haven’t found anywhere to shoot outdoors. I’d love a club with long rifle ranges and a good pistol range but haven’t had any luck finding that.
View Quote

Not much for that in summit county other than private land. Kelblys in marshalville has decent ranges not too far from summit. Only paper targets. I haven't been a member there in years tho since i have private land to shoot at now.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 11:10:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Tusco rifle club.  It is a little drive but has everything the OP asked about. It is membership. But they have lots of shoots that non members can shoot and check the place out.  There is a Steel plate shoot tomorrow. 4/3. It is Midvale just South east of New Philly.
www.tuscorifle.org
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:01:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Op is probably closer to Tusco in summit co now than he will be in Lorain co.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:19:54 PM EDT
[#9]
My mistake. Got the locations mixed up. There is Erie County Conservation in Milan.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 2:54:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

There's a gun club on US 42 Ashland Lake Gun Club. It's private, not sure how you join but a coworker is a member. Haven't shot there but they have a few 100 yard, a 300 yard, and many pistol and skeet ranges. It's a cool place when I have driven through it twice. Reminds me more of a park.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 3:00:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Medina is the way to go.  Very peaceful and a great mix or urban and rural; everything you could want, close enough to be useful but far enough that you can easily get away from it.  

Lorain County has Lorain and Elyria and Oberlin College.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 3:02:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Medina has a few but they are somewhat expensive to join; South Cuyahoga Sportsman's Association for one.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top