Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2021 3:57:40 PM EDT
Possible job change for me is on the horizon and it looks like I will be in Collier, Lee or Sarasota county.  The wife and I are starting to look at homes and the pricing seems to be best in the Cape Coral/Ft. Meyers area.  Naples prices are off the charts.

My wife will be starting her private practice and if all goes well I will be making a uniform change (everything is looking really good for that).  So I'll be looking for some fishing buddies once we get down there.  Will advise once we get closer to locking everything in.

South Fl., is where we really wanted to be when we first came to Florida.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to Florida

Be sure to become a member of Florida Carry

We also have a big Facebook presence.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 4:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome to Florida

Be sure to become a member of Florida Carry

We also have a big Facebook presence.
View Quote

I've been here since 2018.  We are just moving further south now.  I'm excited to fish south Florida.  One of our first orders of business will be to get a boat and preferably one that I can 60 or 70 miles offshore.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 9:31:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Southwest Florida, South Florida is another planet.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 9:35:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Point taken.  LOL!  We will be in Southwest Florida.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 10:05:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Personally I would stay out of Cape Coral if possible, just the thought of constantly having to cross the bridges is a no go for me.  Did a lot of bird hunting in Cape Coral years ago when there was nothing out there except roads and not a house for miles.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

MUCH SO!
If you have to live in the south part of FL, that area is much better, then the east side.(moved out of broward last year & went N.)
Prices will be high all over. No getting around it. Set a budget & try to stay with that. You'll get less house for the $, but rates are so low it evens out.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 4:24:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I always make it a point to say I live in southwest Florida and not just south Florida.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 5:47:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Personally I would stay out of Cape Coral if possible, just the thought of constantly having to cross the bridges is a no go for me.  Did a lot of bird hunting in Cape Coral years ago when there was nothing out there except roads and not a house for miles.
View Quote

THIS ^
I am looking to bail within 2 years.
Cape Coral is not what it was.  Too much traffic.  I can't take the heat any more.  And mostly because, it's becoming me-yammy west.

Good luck with the move.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top