Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2018 2:18:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JAFFE]
...Wallingford area, as soon as I can get the house here in TX cleared out and sold.

From what I have been able to find, ARs and AR pistols are good to go, no mag restrictions (yet?), VT requires no permits for concealed/ open carry, loaded handguns are OK in vehicles but rifles are not.  Do I have these correct?

I'm not quickly finding info on SBRs, suppressors, and threaded barrels on handguns.  Can someone point me to a solid source for info on these?

Thanks!

edit - things changed again.  back to original plan of the desert.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By JAFFE:
...Wallingford area, as soon as I can get the house here in TX cleared out and sold.

From what I have been able to find, ARs and AR pistols are good to go, no mag restrictions (yet?), VT requires no permits for concealed/ open carry, loaded handguns are OK in vehicles but rifles are not.  Do I have these correct?

I'm not quickly finding info on SBRs, suppressors, and threaded barrels on handguns.  Can someone point me to a solid source for info on these?

Thanks!
View Quote
Yes you are correct on those, though I don't know about leaving a loaded handgun in the vehicle.

Only other restriction is on suppressors; they can only be used on ranges.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 7:34:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!  As for the loaded handgun vs rifle, just when I'm in the vehicle.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 12:45:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Loaded handgun is okay....NO loaded long guns...you will feel the pain of that one.  Feel free to IM with questions.  SBR, Suppressor, F/A, Dd are gtg here.  Auto knives are gtg as long as the blade is under 3".

Mike

NH might be a better choice soon...but all states are facing knee jerk reaction issues.  NH might still be better due to lower taxes.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 2:04:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VT_K9:
Loaded handgun is okay....NO loaded long guns...you will feel the pain of that one.  Feel free to IM with questions.  SBR, Suppressor, F/A, Dd are gtg here.  Auto knives are gtg as long as the blade is under 3".

Mike

NH might be a better choice soon...but all states are facing knee jerk reaction issues.  NH might still be better due to lower taxes.
View Quote
Thanks!

I'd prefer NH due to the taxes, but some family issues are generating the move.  If it looks like I need to be nearby long-term/ permanent, I might be looking at NH.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 10:52:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Gotta love family being flaky.

Might not need to move there.  Might be going where I want.

I love what family I have left, but sometimes...

sheesh.

Link Posted: 3/23/2018 8:17:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but VT is on the verge of full retard.  The legislature voted today for:

- No guns under 21 w/o a safety course
- No mags over 10 rounds
- Universal background checks.
- Bump stock ban

It'll pass, and the Gov will probably sign.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 8:38:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JAFFE] [#7]
Originally Posted By rca2222:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but VT is on the verge of full retard.  The legislature voted today for:

- No mags over 10 rounds
- Bump stock ban

View Quote
Yeah, I've been watching that.  

And despite the various reasons for moving closer to family, I now have several family members suggesting I go back to my previous plan - Arizona.  Have to make a final decision soon, house goes on the market next week.

edit - forgot to put "family members" in the sentence  
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 8:53:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Let us know what you decide. More conservatives are always welcome.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 9:01:20 AM EDT
[#9]

And despite the various reasons for moving closer to family, I now have several suggesting I go back to my previous plan - Arizona.  Have to make a final decision soon, house goes on the market next week.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

- No mags over 10 rounds
- Bump stock ban

And despite the various reasons for moving closer to family, I now have several suggesting I go back to my previous plan - Arizona.  Have to make a final decision soon, house goes on the market next week.
I wanted to move west when we left Florida but the wife felt like it was "too far".  She's over that now.  She's English, but I've brought her into the fold of guns and freedom.  She and my daughter said to me out of nowhere yesterday that they could picture living in WY or MT on a large plot with horses.  Daughter asked why we couldn't do it this summer lol.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I wanted to move west when we left Florida but the wife felt like it was "too far".  She's over that now.  She's English, but I've brought her into the fold of guns and freedom.  She and my daughter said to me out of nowhere yesterday that they could picture living in WY or MT on a large plot with horses.  Daughter asked why we couldn't do it this summer lol.
View All Quotes

- No mags over 10 rounds
- Bump stock ban

I forgot to put "family members" in my previous post, it changes context a little.  

WY amd MT are beautiful.  If you want to move, and they're serious, might be time for the conversation to get it started.

It's always a shame to see any state do things to drive out people they should want to stay.  VT and NH are beautiful, I could be happy (other than taxes and the new firearm issues) and have plenty to keep me busy outside of work, would have been nice to be closer to family, etc...  I doubt any of mine will move over this, but my two sisters are suggesting I move where I want (desert SW) and get my life back on track.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 691:
Let us know what you decide. More conservatives are always welcome.
View Quote
I'll know this weekend.  Getting to that point where it'll be difficult and cost money to change directions.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 11:16:18 AM EDT
[#12]
I forgot to put "family members" in my previous post, it changes context a little.  

WY amd MT are beautiful.  If you want to move, and they're serious, might be time for the conversation to get it started.

It's always a shame to see any state do things to drive out people they should want to stay.  VT and NH are beautiful, I could be happy (other than taxes and the new firearm issues) and have plenty to keep me busy outside of work, would have been nice to be closer to family, etc...  I doubt any of mine will move over this, but my two sisters are suggesting I move where I want (desert SW) and get my life back on track.
View All Quotes

- No mags over 10 rounds
- Bump stock ban

We lived in S. Florida for 22 years and I hated every second of it.  I was desperate for wide open spaces when we were looking at where to go, and I thought that NH would fit the bill while still keeping the wife happy.  We live in an area that the locals think of as remote, but it's still within sight of two neighbors.  I've already started looking on landandfarm.com and like what I see.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 1:02:56 PM EDT
[#13]
After some more discussion with family and having to make decisions on vehicles based on new location, barring any extenuating issues like a serious increase in the severity of health issues, I'll be heading to the desert SW, most likely AZ.

Now I have about 8700 things to get done quickly, and all of them stressful/ annoying.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top