Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2022 1:50:23 PM EDT
I received an offer letter for a job in Boulder. My wife and I are working iut details on the move but it looks imminent. I was out last week for an on site interview.

We are looking at Longmont and surrounding areas to start with, until we get to know the area better.

Sounds like yall need more conservative voters to counter the Cali influence, so we got you covered x2.

Just saying hi for now.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:06:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck with that.  If you want to make a voting difference, don't live in Boulder County or anywhere in CD2.  To stay near work and make a difference voting, live in CD7.  They told us redistricting made it more competitive , plus Perlmutter is retiring and his Democrat successor-to-be, Brittany Pettersen, will be worse than he ever was. Otherwise the new CD8 will be a preferred option.

I hope you know what you're in for before you look at housing.  It's gonna be a shock, compared to anything in Georgia if you haven't already browsed Zillow or something.

Colorado is absolutely beautiful if you can get past the increasing overcrowding and here's to hoping you like it here.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 12:16:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm a soon to be transplant too, from NC. Heading to Fort Collins.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:34:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm a soon to be transplant too, from NC. Heading to Fort Collins.
View Quote

Would live in Weld County and commute in to Fort Collins (which is what I do).  Larimer county went all in on the covid nonsense while the sheriff of Weld said he wouldn't enforce any of the governor's mandates.  That, and Fort Collins likes to do stupid stuff like ban plastic bags (seriously).  Just avoid living in a metro district if you choose to live in Windsor or Severance so you can save some money on taxes every year (they're basically HOA's).
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 9:46:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome.  CO is still a great place, you just need to ignore the politics and the crazies.  A professor I had said the continent must be tilted, because all the nuts rolled across the country and settled at the foothills of Boulder.  It's a funky place, but great for outdoors activities.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:13:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Would live in Weld County and commute in to Fort Collins (which is what I do).  Larimer county went all in on the covid nonsense while the sheriff of Weld said he wouldn't enforce any of the governor's mandates.  That, and Fort Collins likes to do stupid stuff like ban plastic bags (seriously).  Just avoid living in a metro district if you choose to live in Windsor or Severance so you can save some money on taxes every year (they're basically HOA's).
View Quote

Well, I'm headed to Larimer . Stuff like that is annoying, but I can deal with it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 12:41:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't live in Boulder County. Broomfield and Westminster are along the US-36 corridor and are about 30-ish minutes away from the heart of Boulder. Erie is nice too but that may be inside of Boulder County.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 1:25:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Good luck.

Make sure the house you buy has a steel roof.  They had a huge fire in Boulder this year and many were burnt out.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Don't live in Boulder County. Broomfield and Westminster are along the US-36 corridor and are about 30-ish minutes away from the heart of Boulder. Erie is nice too but that may be inside of Boulder County.
View Quote

Yep, the area between longmont and westminster is the target, around 287.  I'll have to look at county lines as we get closer to buying. The plan is to rent for the first year and sit on our home equity and see if the housing market takes a dive at all while we get acquainted with the finer details of the area. The job is just outside boulder near gunbarrel, so my plan A is to reduce my commute from what it is now, which is 50 minutes and 32 miles.

I'll have to take a deeper look at shooting opportunities and the laws around shooting on BLM land and what's east in the prairies. I was an avid long range shooter and stopped but am interested if the area lends itself to it.

I also saw a thread on APC activity. I'll be looking to join in if it's active.

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yep, the area between longmont and westminster is the target, around 287.  I'll have to look at county lines as we get closer to buying. The plan is to rent for the first year and sit on our home equity and see if the housing market takes a dive at all while we get acquainted with the finer details of the area. The job is just outside boulder near gunbarrel, so my plan A is to reduce my commute from what it is now, which is 50 minutes and 32 miles.

I'll have to take a deeper look at shooting opportunities and the laws around shooting on BLM land and what's east in the prairies. I was an avid long range shooter and stopped but am interested if the area lends itself to it.

View Quote

I can't wait until the day I move out of this state. I can't express in words how much I hate it and it couldn't ever tell someone to move here.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 4:58:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I can't wait until the day I move out of this state. I can't express in words how much I hate it and it couldn't ever tell someone to move here.
View Quote

I'm getting closer to this feeling everyday.  It's sad because 99% of the state that's not along the I25 corridor is very conservative/libertarian leaning.  It's unfortunate what's happened to the State since 2000.

That said, I lived in Longmont from 2002-2010. I really liked it way back then.  It was always clean, crime was average(where I was at least), & it was a pretty short drive to almost anywhere I wanted to go.  Several lakes close by as well. I'm guessing it's changed a lot since I left.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:45:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is an area I know very, very, very well.  Feel free to ask about anything.

Straight east out Lookout Rd. is Erie, a town in both Boulder and Weld counties.  It's building out fast.  One of my daughters lives there, and it's a nice easy drive without much rush-hour congestion.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 10:52:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Broomfield is going the way of boulderia.  The entire city council and mayor are Fatal Conceit Dunning-Kruger nannyists.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:28:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is where my wife and I are at.  She is a native. One of the last I know of personally. I came out from commiefornia in 1993 to get away from the stupidity of commifornia. It's here and worse in some ways than commoefornia.  Have to make it a few more years.  So excited to leave, never ever thought I'd say that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top