Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 1/10/2021 2:25:58 PM EST
Anyone who is interested in getting some pt at royalview trail in strongsville, let me know.   Total course is 10 miles but can be abbreviated to start.  Not a run but just getting together for a pack carry to start.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:13:56 PM EST
I'm interested ...Dates and times?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:14:46 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/10/2021 3:15:25 PM EST by toad1919]
I'm in ...Dates and TIMES?
Edit sorry double  tap
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:25:55 PM EST
I would be interested.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:47:10 PM EST
I'm off this week so anytime but email me at [email protected] for rucks this week.  Like to make a hard start for 9am Saturday but will be available for more pt all week.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:20:55 AM EST
I'm in no shape to do it now (possible hernia), but maybe at some point in the future.  I've never rucked, either, so I don't have the requisite equipment.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:09:56 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By webman:
I'm in no shape to do it now (possible hernia), but maybe at some point in the future.  I've never rucked, either, so I don't have the requisite equipment.
View Quote

You should be able to find something to get started.

1) Pack of some sort.  Even a cheap Walmart book bag will work for a little while.
2) Weigh of some sort.  Find a brick and wrap in duct tape to make the book bag last a trip or two longer.
3) Or if you are just starting grab/get a hydration bladder and start with that.  Water is always a good weight to carry.

JLE
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:00:48 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/13/2021 10:03:30 AM EST by toad1919]
Originally Posted By Racsan:

1) Pack of some sort.  Even a cheap Walmart book bag will work for a little while.
2) Weigh of some sort.  Find a brick and wrap in duct tape to make the book bag last a trip or two longer.
3) Or if you are just starting grab/get a hydration bladder and start with that.  Water is always a good weight to carry.

JLE
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

JLE

I will add get good  boots/ shoes for hiking. At the  end of a hike your feet will  thank you.
Edit to add . Layers for cold weather. That way you can peal off or add to control  body temp. Leave  some space in your bag to keep  layers you don't  need.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:05:50 PM EST
View Quote

Hope you can come out... its only a start and you would be suprised how many miles go by on a walk.  This is just a start and everyone welcome... no one left behind.  There are multiple bailout sections to royalview if needed.  And you don't have to carry a pack...to alot of us, just carrying ourselves is a ruck..all ya need is some water and some boots...
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:06:57 PM EST

JLE
View Quote

Yep...thats the spirit.... this is just a start...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:38:19 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/15/2021 9:41:16 AM EST by greyguy]
I can't make it tomorrow but I'm interested in joining you for a future walk if you keep doing these.  I don't know that I've walked ten miles at once since my backpacking days in my early twenties.  I'm in decent shape for a middle-aged guy and think that I can probably do it though.  I stay pretty active.  

I will probably start out just lugging my water and snacks to see how it goes and then progressing to weights if I'm not slowing everyone down...

Cool idea Zook07!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:49:23 AM EST
Originally Posted By greyguy:
I can't make it tomorrow but I'm interested in joining you for a future walk if you keep doing these.  I don't know that I've walked ten miles at once since my backpacking days in my early twenties.  I'm in decent shape for a middle-aged guy and think that I can probably do it though.  I stay pretty active.  

I will probably start out just lugging my water and snacks to see how it goes and then progressing to weights if I'm not slowing everyone down...

Cool idea Zook07!
View Quote

Same, can't make tomorrow but keep us updated on when you're going again. I'd like to join
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:08:05 PM EST
You guys are luck to have so many awesome trails in your AO.  I've mountain biked a bunch.  

Usually my backpacking takes me to Allegheny.  But that's not feasible for a 5 mile evening hike.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:46:50 PM EST
I hear you...cant wait to get you there in the future...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:47:58 PM EST
Originally Posted By AFCarbon15:
You guys are luck to have so many awesome trails in your AO.  I've mountain biked a bunch.  

Usually my backpacking takes me to Allegheny.  But that's not feasible for a 5 mile evening hike.
View Quote

We really are lucky...I was a mountain bike race guy in a previous life....tons of great trails in neo...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:49:35 PM EST
Originally Posted By greyguy:

Cool idea Zook07!
View Quote

Thank you for even entertaining the idea....its a great trail and you'd be suprised how the miles fly by....
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:53:16 PM EST
I won't be able to make it tomorrow but thank you for posting this.

Please post up future dates and I will try to make it.  I have to start hiking soon anyway to get ready for trip to Philmont this summer with my boy.  This seems like a great was to network with local folks and get in better shape for Philmont.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top