Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2022 5:52:37 AM EDT
Looking to cut the cord with Infinity/Comcast cable and internet service since their fees keep creeping up in cost.  Plus, the only thing I need off of cable is FOX News.  Being retired, my take home payments, are not keeping up with inflation, at all levels.

I live in the southeast end of Auburn, towards Lake Tapps and with a powered TV antenna, I get enough OK TV stations.  

Any tips on a good internet provider in SE Auburn and a way to just get FOX News over the TV?

THANKS!!
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 7:14:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Tucker and Gutfeld were the only things I was watching on TV.  I dumped Directv and have no Fox News now.  I got an HD antenna so I can get many channels for free, but no Fox News.  The picture quality on the HD antenna is better than cable.

There are cable-like packages you can get through YouTube and others to watch it online, but they are $60+/month.  Not worth it to me just to see Tucker and Gutfeld.

I got HBO Max for "free", by upgrading my cell plan.  I usually have plenty to watch between YouTube, Amazon Prime and HBO Max.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:16:16 AM EDT
[#2]
sent pm
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:08:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Check to see if T-Mobile home internet is available in your area. $50/month. I know the company is pretty "woke" but what corporation isn't these days.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Pulled the plug on xfinity tv service but retained internet and phone.  After tax is about $100.

Have antenna for local TV/Seahawks/ local news etc for free in good quality.

YouTube carries some of the Fox content if the interest arises. I don’t really miss Fox and other cable news content.  Thought it would be a challenge but it really wasn’t.  

Link Posted: 7/1/2022 4:50:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info…  I need to see how important FOX News is really that important.  It’s looking like I’ll just keep Infinity for the internet service.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top