Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2021 5:44:34 PM EDT
I have a pvs-14 on the way, and only have the funds for either an eotech for passive aiming, or a laser/illuminator, can't swing both at the moment, and can't make up my mind on which one I want.

Only experience I have is with a peq15, which was minimal at best, and about 10 years ago.

Wondering if there's anyone around the Dubois county area that would be willing to let me check out their setups to help make up my mind.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#1]
If you’re just starting and wanting to be functional sooner rather than later, grab a holoson dot with a NV compatible setting and a TLR-ir2 or TLR-vir.  You’ll stay budget friendly and have a setup that’s functional and can be transitioned to other weapons later. I’ve had full power laser/illuminators, and the only thing I miss is the illumination, but you can still only effectively shoot/aim so far with NVR without a dedicated magnified clip on.  

I’m around Hendricks county, and don’t really have my own spot to do much walking at night, but if you have a place I’m willing to meet up and bring some stuff and let you try it out.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:14:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree with what johnnypantz advised. You can always upgrade your gear later.

I’m in Scott county, so a little closer. Would be happy to meet up sometime if you have a location suited for it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for info, sorry I didn't see the first reply sooner. I have 300 acres that we shoot at regularly. You guys are more than welcome to come shoot.

I'm impatient, and had a $50 coupon from midway so I used it towards a Holosun 117IR. Trying to figure out how mount it with my surefire and still leave room for me to get my hand on the rail and be functional.

I do have a Holosun dot, but it's the 403c, no NV setting, but i use it without a battery, so it operates on solar power only. So not sure how would perform at night with no ambient light. It should either produce a very faint dot and work well, or it won't show a dot at all.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#4]
It’s fine to use dots with no NV setting with helmet mounted NVG. They are just super bright and can be over powering
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Good to know. I'll be trying it as soon as it gets here. Hopefully it'll work for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top