Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2018 6:48:55 PM EDT
Looking to buy a Glock 42. New or used. Any recommendations for best price in DFW?
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 7:38:24 PM EDT
[#1]
GT Distributors
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:59:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I’d check grab a gun, also believe academy’s circular had them for 399.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Academy will discount an additional 10% or more over sale price for incomplete gun/box/items missing.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 8:28:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Academy will discount an additional 10% or more over sale price for incomplete gun/box/items missing.
View Quote
Saying you can get someone behind the counter to assist you.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#5]
CDNN currently has for $329.00  + $4.99 shipping.   If your FFL has good transfer fees I'd go this route.

FWIW The two times I used Grab a Gun they charged $25.00 transfer fee.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#6]
GTs probably has 10 of them for sale used/new
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Like any retailer, they have a display related "shrinkage" budget. It is part of doing retail business. Call it open box, demo, refurb, scratch and dent, theft, whatever. They do what they have to do to keep NIB turnable product. If too many of your items in a specific area fall into this category, you replace the moron controlling it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:40:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
GTs probably has 10 of them for sale used/new
View Quote
They didn't have any used G42s a week ago. Did you see this recently?
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 1:13:45 AM EDT
[#9]
You do know Grab a gun is in Coppell, right? Maybe 10-15 minutes away from the north end of DFW airport.

They even had electronic 4473’s.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 2:30:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Like any retailer, they have a display related "shrinkage" budget. It is part of doing retail business. Call it open box, demo, refurb, scratch and dent, theft, whatever. They do what they have to do to keep NIB turnable product. If too many of your items in a specific area fall into this category, you replace the moron controlling it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was referring to getting an employee to acknowledge your existence.  Local store has a nack for only “helping” folks with no money who want to finger fuck every gun on display.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 2:55:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I was referring to getting an employee to acknowledge your existence.  Local store has a nack for only “helping” folks with no money who want to finger fuck every gun on display.
View Quote
Hahaha!

When the G42 came out, my wife and I were in Academy and I pointed the gun out to her in the display case. The guy behind the counter asked me if I wanted to see it, I told him no, I wasn't going to buy one, I just wanted to show it to my wife.

He pulled it out and handed to me anyway.

It was very nice for a 380.

A few months later I bought a Shield from SAW.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
They had them last Saturday when I was there.

A guy in front of me purchased one but it was a blue label.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mentioned used? I know they have new ones.

ETA: I called and they do have used ones in stock. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hahaha!

When the G42 came out, my wife and I were in Academy and I pointed the gun out to her in the display case. The guy behind the counter asked me if I wanted to see it, I told him no, I wasn't going to buy one, I just wanted to show it to my wife.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hahaha!

Must be nice

Went into local store to pick up some ammo, and decided to look around gun case. They had a Ruger EC9s on sale for like $220ish. Thought wth i’ll FO... After standing around at the counter waiting on the employee to finish up with a lady who just bought a rifle, another guy walked up and started looking at the handguns as well. About that time another employee who must have just got finished doing God only knows what walked out from the back and walked over to the guy who just walked up and asked if he needed any help

Like the 4th time that’s happened to me in Academy...
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 9:53:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Must be nice

Went into local store to pick up some ammo, and decided to look around gun case. They had a Ruger EC9s on sale for like $220ish. Thought wth i’ll FO... After standing around at the counter waiting on the employee to finish up with a lady who just bought a rifle, another guy walked up and started looking at the handguns as well. About that time another employee who must have just got finished doing God only knows what walked out from the back and walked over to the guy who just walked up and asked if he needed any help

Like the 4th time that’s happened to me in Academy...
View Quote
You gotta treat Academy like getting a beer at a busy bar, when Academy is busy.
First in, first out. FIFO.
Don't be shy.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 1:06:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You do know Grab a gun is in Coppell, right? Maybe 10-15 minutes away from the north end of DFW airport.

They even had electronic 4473’s.
View Quote
Do they have a regular store front?
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 1:41:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Do they have a regular store front?
View Quote
Yes and no.  They have a small store front / show room where their offices are.  Also they are M-F 9:30 to 5 only.  If you can get to them during their hours they are cheap and fast for transfers.  I paid $15 with my LTC for my last few transfers.  I think it’s $25 if you don’t have a LTC.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 12:04:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought a Ruger Mk IV from Grabagun, bought the gun online, picked it up in the store front. No transfer fee, just like buying at Academy, except the money part was online.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top