Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2022 9:57:29 AM EDT
Title says it.

Thinking about getting into some NFA stuff and looking for dealers in Northern KY. and maybe down to Lexington.

Probably going to start with some cans and see how it goes from there.

Not locked into N KY guys but hopefully there are some good ones in the area.

Any assistance or knowledge of who to deal with (or who NOT to deal with) is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 7:50:10 PM EDT
[#1]
If you can drive to Louisville, I'd hit up @vengarr
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Check out silencershop and see who the powered/kiosk dealers are by zip code.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 2:49:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Did that prior to posting this thread.

Just looking for any firsthand feedback if possible.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#5]
@Hillbilly69

I've done a handful of transfers with Aaron at Spyder Arms and I highly recommend him. He's very knowledgeable and easy to talk to but doesn't generally keep a lot of inventory on hand. He can however order you whatever you need/want assuming its in stock some place. He's also a Silencer Shop dealer so you can order from him via SS website.

I usually buy from Hansohn Brothers because their inventory and prices are some of the best around and they are active members of this forum. I have them send whatever I buy to Spyder Arms for the transfer. Unlike most local dealers, Aaron is very familiar with the process and he'll walk you through everything and he makes the process as easy as it can be.

I've seen that both Triggers (Florence) and Queen City shooters (Independence) have some suppressors in stock but I've never bought a suppressor from either place. I have done a lot of normal FFL transfers though QCS without issue. Good luck
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:14:30 AM EDT
[#6]
What he said Aaron at Spyder has done three for us good to go.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:40:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I appreciate the feedback and haven't ghosted my own thread.

My job has been on hold seemingly forever and now with the weather breaking, it's OMHWTFBBQ GOGOGO!!!!!

Link Posted: 3/3/2022 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Does Spyder Arms have one of those kiosks so you can do eForms?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 9:08:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does Spyder Arms have one of those kiosks so you can do eForms?

Thanks
View Quote

He does not have a kiosk per say but does use a PC for everything (instead of hand writing everything out). I haven't done an eform with him but I'd be really surprised if he can't handle them too. Give him a call and ask.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 10:04:24 AM EDT
[#10]
@kymarkh

FYI - I was at Queen City shooters yesterday and he stated that the are getting a KIOSK in a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 7:55:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Gosh, I have not been to that range since I moved from Independence.  Glad to hear they are still open and are getting a kiosk.  

I have been corresponding with holdsworth arms but have not made a purchase yet.

Thanks for the intel.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 10:07:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, it was touch and go there for a while for shooters (seemed like anyway) but they joined up with QCS and they seem to hanging on.

Never heard of Holdsworth but always good to hear about other options

So what are you looking to get if you don't mind me asking?
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:30:11 AM EDT
[#13]
OSS Rad 22 is what I'm thinking right now, then a 5.56 can after that.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:21:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 4:34:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Glauber's in Carrollton, KY is a great class 3 dealer. And they just got the new digital fingerprint system! Everything there is now electronic. https://kygunguys.com/
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Aaannnddd it begins.  Picked out my first can and Holdsworth Arms took good care of me.  After my OSS RAD 22 comes it a Turbo K is next.

Definitely recommend Holdsworth Arms was a real pleasure working with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top