Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2020 7:38:04 PM EDT
Title is pretty self explanatory. I live in MoCo currently and am looking for some training this fall. Looking for an intermediate carbine and intermediate / advanced pistol. CQB would be a bonus too.

I have taken a few classes with Antares Defense in Lewisburg WV that I really enjoyed. No complaints about Mike (owner operator) at all. But diversity is the spice of life.

Only requirement is that its within a days drive for me, so I can make it a 3 day weekend type deal.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 10:15:29 PM EDT
[#1]
bump for answers
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 11:57:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Green Ops in Culpeper VA - Ive seen them post on the forum here and remember enough reviews of guys who went to store it in my mind as good to go.

I had a broad training schedule for this fall with a few classes in NC even, but all that fell through.

With ammo prices being what they are, I've been relegated to shooting on private property. Allows me to get the reps in but without the much higher round count a class dictates. Having that in MoCo especially, has been a blessing during these corona times.

Link Posted: 9/2/2020 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#3]
You could check out Lodestone.  They've got a little bit of everything and are located in PA probably like a 2.5 hour drive from Montgomery county.
-shooting (shotgun,rifle,pistol)
-land nav
-radios
-seminars

https://lodestonetrainingandconsulting.com/

Stay Dangerous,
Tom
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 9:26:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Green Ops in Culpeper VA - Ive seen them post on the forum here and remember enough reviews of guys who went to store it in my mind as good to go.

I had a broad training schedule for this fall with a few classes in NC even, but all that fell through.

With ammo prices being what they are, I've been relegated to shooting on private property. Allows me to get the reps in but without the much higher round count a class dictates. Having that in MoCo especially, has been a blessing during these corona times.

View Quote

Agreed. I belong to a range out in WV where I can practice from a holster, movement, etc.

Otherwise working from home has been great for getting in dry fire practice
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 11:01:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

x2 on Green Ops. I've trained with them and they are legit. I plan to take another class.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 3:57:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:23:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Green oops and Paramount tactical solutions are both great
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 9:28:24 PM EDT
[#8]
These guys are about as close as you can get to MoCo and still be in WV.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Low-Light-Pistol-Class-Nov-6th-Kearneysville-WV/68-657602/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top