Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/25/2021 12:22:55 PM EDT
Moving where I cant take my firearms within the year ,breaks my heart but nothing I can do . Need to sell large collection . I know about the EE local on here ,but also looking for some other places. Everything from Steyr Aug A3M1  to hunting rifles and numerous pistols . Lots of Ammo too .
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:31:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Where are you located?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:55:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Put a list on the EE for local sale only or set up a table at a gun show.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:21:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Put a list on the EE for local sale only or set up a table at a gun show.
View Quote

This. Shit is FLYING in the EE.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Long Term Storage not an option?

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#5]
No , long term storage not an option .
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:19:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I posted one on the EE exchange local and now I cant see it . What happened ?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:25:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Where are you located?
View Quote

Phoenix , and can been seen at my work in down town Phoenix . Every thing from .22's to 458 Lott . H&K P7m13's to model 41 S&W target pistols. 460 Rowland, Sigs, 9's ,40's, 45's 10mm's Tavor, POF, Armalite, lots more.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:36:03 PM EDT
[#8]
PM sent.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Table at a gun show might be the way to go, especially right now.

Mark them at fair current market value and then add a gimick like prices go down 1.5% per hour until the end of the show, make the buyers feel a little time urgency to buy before it sells to someone else.

Watch out for dealers, this post seems a little like it might be a health issue and dealers will be circling like vultures hoping that you'll accept being robbed in exchange for convenience.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:44:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I haven't spent much time there, but there's also this place.

ARIZONASHOOTING.ORG

What about local consignment?  A lot of new buyers think a Gun Shop is the only place to buy.  And they seem to be the ones paying ridiculous prices right now.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I could use some 9mm and 556
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, as much as it sucks, right now is the best time to sell.  You can prob sell them within days.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

A search for your username didn't show a post. (In the EE.)

(But that only means search didn't find it, not that it isn't there.)
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

ARIZONASHOOTING.ORG

What about local consignment?  A lot of new buyers think a Gun Shop is the only place to buy.  And they seem to be the ones paying ridiculous prices right now.

View Quote
that place is rife with lightweights wanting to buy for almost free and act like they're doing you a favor over there. I would suggest a hard pass unless the op wants to get screwed over so he can get rid of the guns quick at a huge loss.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:07:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Table at a gun show might be the way to go, especially right now.

Mark them at fair current market value and then add a gimick like prices go down 1.5% per hour until the end of the show, make the buyers feel a little time urgency to buy before it sells to someone else.

Watch out for dealers, this post seems a little like it might be a health issue and dealers will be circling like vultures hoping that you'll accept being robbed in exchange for convenience.
View Quote

Hope that’s not the case, sucks regardless OP. If you got a G43X I’d probably take it off your hands unless it’s a gucci gun. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:58:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Hope that’s not the case, sucks regardless OP. If you got a G43X I’d probably take it off your hands unless it’s a gucci gun. Good luck.
View Quote

He probably shouldn’t sell any to us in the HTF because he’d be tempted to sell them for a reasonable price instead of panic price.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:01:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Can you explain why you need to sell?
Certainly the above suggestions are good
Also I use an auction house in Dewey called reata pass.
Yes they whack you for a 20% buyers premium but even with that I have gotten top dollar for everything I sold through them. They list on proxibid and look them up. They are doing an auction this weekend and you can get an idea of what they get for stuff.
Right now ammo is crazy ( one case of garden variety blazer 22 is already up to $750, a lot of 450 rounds of 380 is at $300. I haven’t even looked at what cases or cans full of 9mm are going for)
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is not on the EE.  It is in the HTF.

You should ask a mod to move it to the appropriate place.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:43:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It is not on the EE. {deleted}.[/url]  

You should ask a mod to move it to the appropriate place.
View Quote

That link does not take me to a post - just ARL. Is it in a restricted forum?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:03:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That link does not take me to a post - just ARL. Is it in a restricted forum?
View Quote
Fixed.  Please delete my link in your post.  @Mak_380

You can also do control F and search the page for key words, like OP's username. I am going to bet you are on a phone making it difficult to see the whole page?  I can pick it out without a search.

Reading glasses might help too.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:12:43 PM EDT
[#21]
I am going to bet you are on a phone making it difficult to see the whole page?
View Quote

Nope. I was searching the EE. Not the HTF, not GD - just the EE.

My eyes have been bad since I was 8. Not surprising things get away.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:29:52 AM EDT
[#22]
If the mods aren't going to move the ad, I am going to post some ammo for sale right here.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If the mods aren't going to move the ad, I am going to post some ammo for sale right here.  
View Quote

Good prices or panic prices?!

Dibs if good prices!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Can you explain why you need to sell?
Certainly the above suggestions are good
Also I use an auction house in Dewey called reata pass.
Yes they whack you for a 20% buyers premium but even with that I have gotten top dollar for everything I sold through them. They list on proxibid and look them up. They are doing an auction this weekend and you can get an idea of what they get for stuff.
Right now ammo is crazy ( one case of garden variety blazer 22 is already up to $750, a lot of 450 rounds of 380 is at $300. I haven’t even looked at what cases or cans full of 9mm are going for)
View Quote

I am 70 , the actuary rate is now 74/75 and I want enjoy what time I have left in a island paradise. Not too thrilled with the currant trend here. My Whole family will be there , what's left of  us.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:12:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Do you have health issues? If not the majority of healthy people live into their late 80's. I'm 76 and not about to pull a blanket over my head.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Dibs if good prices!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dibs if good prices!
I would be selling to buy projectiles.  Selling low to buy high just isn't in the cards.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:16:55 PM EDT
[#27]
I know it may sound weird, but up here in Prescott Valley, we have the Peddlers Pass Flea Market every weekend... maybe not this weekend, but almost all weekends.  Its like a mini gun show all the time.  Ive sold ammo, guns and other stuff.  If you want, pick a weekend, come on up and Ill do a table or two with you.  You buy the space and then set up whatever fits.  You can put up several tables.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:20:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Fast money: Jeff @ AJI will buy the whole collection
Most money: Table at the next cross roads show
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:32:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Local firearms sales: https://gunsarizona.com/

PM me your list, I may be interested in some firearms or ammo.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:19:13 PM EDT
[#30]
If you have a list, I wouldn't mind taking a look at what's available.   And I'm almost always in the market for reasonably priced .45ACP, .45LC, 9mm, 300AAC.   556 and 223 I have enough to last myself about a decade at the current rate I shoot.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:20:34 PM EDT
[#31]
They’re just inanimate objects, and you can’t take them with you anyway in the grand scheme of things.  Glad to hear you’re doing what’s best for you and I’m jealous that you can trade 15A/Van B for some island beach sand.  Drove by your place many many times over the years.  Good luck with your collection, and at least you are selling high.

Link Posted: 1/29/2021 2:02:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Fast money: Jeff @ AJI will buy the whole collection
View Quote

Jeff will also sell on consignment.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 11:00:20 AM EDT
[#33]
GONIF I am ahead of you by 3 years and have been doing more selling than buying lately.
I have had very good buy/sell/trade with Jeff @ AJI.  I also have had mostly good buy/sell with arizonashooting(dot)org with a couple of ‘lightweights’ that Jonny1904 mentioned.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 1:33:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
that place is rife with lightweights wanting to buy for almost free and act like they're doing you a favor over there. I would suggest a hard pass unless the op wants to get screwed over so he can get rid of the guns quick at a huge loss.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ARIZONASHOOTING.ORG

I am pretty sure you need some type of site/social credit score and minimum post count to post a for-sale ad on that site.  I am somewhat the cause of that because of this lightweight issue and assholes trying to lowball and nitpick a Glock sale I had listed. At least one honest person came forward and completed the purchase, but they immediately changed the rules.

I sold a PWA stripped lower on the site to the first one to reply and show up with cash, exactly how one would expect to sell a thing.  Two people were almost crying because they posted "I will take it" and then ignored my messages and posts for contact info for the entire weekend. The fucked up thing is I had more than one and if they weren't assholes, they still could have gotten one.

Please OP, post your things on the EE and let us know.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 2:00:35 PM EDT
[#35]
You have to decide if you want the most money out of it or the easiest sale.  Although I suspect in the middle is where you want to be.  If it's an easy sale you are looking for, you can find somebody that will give you 50-60% of current value on them.  Years ago I was bored with a Ruger Blackhawk and took it to a gunshop to see what trade in or an outright sale would be.  The offered me half of what they were selling for.  I've had that happen a few times to realize it wasn't a one time thing.  I've only had it work out once where I had a rare German dagger that I was offered close to retail (maybe 15% lower) for it by a dealer.  I think he could move it quickly or had somebody wanting one waiting for it.  I knew enough that is wasn't a super rare variant, but a nice example that people wanted.

Selling at auction or by consignment, will cost you a bit.  Auctions can cost you 20% and the buyer 10%.  Consignments are anywhere from 7-30%.  So this gets you more than just selling it as a whole, but does cost you a bit.  You do have the benefit of not having to deal with the buyer.

If you list things here (or on Arizonashooting.org), you can list it for a 'good' price and potentially make more than selling via auction or consignment.  But, some things will fly out the door and others will sit until you absolutely slash prices.  You will have to answer a whole bunch of emails asking questions.  I'll even make it easy and ask you up front if you are taking any trades?  

So let's take your AUG for example.  If you list it at auction and it sells for $2000, you'll get $1600 for it.  You could list it here for $1600 and it'll move quickly.  You'll get a lot of tire kickers via email, but a buyer will be along shortly.  If you really want to be done with it, list it for $1500 and the first response you get is "I will take it".
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Your best bet is to just buy a table or two at the next Crossroads show.  Get it all sold in one weekend.  I think tables were $110 last time I checked last year.  I always see several people with "Private Sale" signs on their table...that's all you need.  Demand is high right now, so anything modern will sell quickly and for a great price.  If your prices are early 2020 prices, you will sell out in a day.  Ammo will fetch a premium.  

Link Posted: 1/30/2021 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I am pretty sure you need some type of site/social credit score and minimum post count to post a for-sale ad on that site.  I am somewhat the cause of that because of this lightweight issue and assholes trying to lowball and nitpick a Glock sale I had listed. At least one honest person came forward and completed the purchase, but they immediately changed the rules.

I sold a PWA stripped lower on the site to the first one to reply and show up with cash, exactly how one would expect to sell a thing.  Two people were almost crying because they posted "I will take it" and then ignored my messages and posts for contact info for the entire weekend. The fucked up thing is I had more than one and if they weren't assholes, they still could have gotten one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ARIZONASHOOTING.ORG

Sometimes it gives me the feel, gut instinct, that it's mostly just a bunch of old, banned from arfcom, locals in there. Nothing wrong with being old but man are they always so angry...and extremely cheap. Were these the ones that got the boot long before my join date that every now and then, someone in GD tells the story of the "great" AZHTF revolt that Ed took to task?

Yeah OP, don't sell it there. Sell it here or at a show even better.

Maybe someone should try to get a hometown shoot get together or similar and see if the OP wants to sell it there to us
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Someties it gives me the feel, gut instinct, that it's mostly just a bunch of old, banned from arfcom, locals in there. Nothing wrong with being old but man are they always so angry...and extremely cheap. Were these the ones that got the boot long before my join date that every now and then, someone in GD tells the story of the "great" AZHTF revolt that Ed took to task?

Maybe someone should try to get a hometown shoot get together or similar and see if the OP wants to sell it there to us
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ARIZONASHOOTING.ORG

Someties it gives me the feel, gut instinct, that it's mostly just a bunch of old, banned from arfcom, locals in there. Nothing wrong with being old but man are they always so angry...and extremely cheap. Were these the ones that got the boot long before my join date that every now and then, someone in GD tells the story of the "great" AZHTF revolt that Ed took to task?

I was a part of that insurrection.

I think most of us were allowed back after a time out.

Arizona Shooting used to be a good place to buy and sell.  Too bad they changed the rules
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 8:23:17 PM EDT
[#39]
The rules at AZS were changed because of all the new-age slackers, no-shows, and scammers they had popping up. Want to weed them out for good? Require participation on the forums. Obvious attempts to buff your post count gets you kicked, and zero participation in the community keeps you out. That sucks for the lurkers, yes, and it DID change the dynamic of the forum somewhat. But I haven’t been bothered by a scammer in ages there. Everything in life has a tradeoff.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 8:40:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Phoenix , and can been seen at my work in down town Phoenix . Every thing from .22's to 458 Lott . H&K P7m13's to model 41 S&W target pistols. 460 Rowland, Sigs, 9's ,40's, 45's 10mm's Tavor, POF, Armalite, lots more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where are you located?

My suggestion would be to make a list of everything and PM it to everybody in this thread. You'd probably sell a bunch that way.

Or there's Gunbroker. They have their fees but aren't too bad.

If you really want to sell it all quick.

Call Bo or Kelsey at Fidelity estate services. They can set up an estate auction and sell each one to the highest bidder. Majority of the time that I have seen him sell firearms, they go higher than retail. They can sell off your furniture and household stuff at the same time as well. So you'd have less to pack and move.

https://www.fidelityestateservices.com/Contact-Us
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 3:51:59 PM EDT
[#41]
@GONIF

I remembered another place as well.

Bradford's Auction. They're in Sun City off of 99th ave and Greenway.

Here is a link to one of their past sales. They advertise nationwide and get a lot of publicity.

https://www.bradfordsauction.com/auction-catalog/million-dollar-gun-auction

Link Posted: 1/31/2021 5:36:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Always when I'm broke. Good luck with the sale, OP.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 1:53:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Any updates or lists?
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 6:49:07 PM EDT
[#44]
IM sent. Im downtwon Phoenix as well
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:10:39 PM EDT
[#45]
The best non auction money you're gonna get is by putting an ad in the EE for FTF sales....

A dealer will eat you alive with their cry baby 'overhead' BS and offer you pennies on the dollar.

Just do an EE ad,  it ain't rocket science.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:18:03 PM EDT
[#46]
I'd be interested in the list as well. Not able to buy the lot but always interested in the oddball items.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 8:14:29 PM EDT
[#47]
I would be interested in the list.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 8:22:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'd be interested in the list as well. Not able to buy the lot but always interested in the oddball items.
View Quote

Same here.  Always looking for stuff I don't have.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:28:26 PM EDT
[#49]
With all the interest of local members, you could just have a tactical garage sale...maybe a Hometown Forum BBQ /  Garage Sale.

Right before all this COVID bullshit started, Rio Salado was about to have their member garage sale in late March 2020.  I had enough stuff to fill two tables, but they cancelled it...still haven't re-scheduled it.  

Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:44:53 PM EDT
[#50]

I'd be interested in a list.

In Tucson.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top