Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2021 11:31:11 AM EDT
I’m near Saginaw, trying to find a range (indoor or outdoor) that will allow buckshot at a 5-10 yards

I’ve called all the places I can think of in the area, none of them will allow anything other than slugs.

I’ve called:
Shoot point blank
Shoot smart
407 gun club
Fossil point
Defender Outdoors
Quail Creek

Any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 3:49:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 6:18:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I’m near Saginaw, trying to find a range (indoor or outdoor) that will allow buckshot at a 5-10 yards

I’ve called all the places I can think of in the area, none of them will allow anything other than slugs.

I’ve called:
Shoot point blank
Shoot smart
407 gun club
Fossil point
Defender Outdoors
Quail Creek

Any other suggestions?
View Quote

It is only kind of  “in the area” but I bet it wouldn’t be an issue at ETTS near Maypearl.

If you could engage a member Johnson County SSA you could do it there.  Edit:  Meant Parker County as posted below.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Check with Parker County Sportsman’s Club out near Pooleville.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you guys.

I posted on my local community FB page, and had 4 different people offer up their private / backyard range for me to use.

My town is mostly in the city limits, but there is a good section of it that is country, so they can shoot on their land.

So I was able to pattern my “new” short barreled shotguns.

Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Try calling shoot smart again.
I have seen people shooting buckshot there.

I’ve been peppered by bird shot ricochet there too.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 4:52:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Elm Fork has a pattern setup to the right of their 50 yard rifle range. Bring your own paint. It was there in 2018 anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top