Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2023 9:20:12 PM EDT
Anybody know of someone who can pin/weld a couple uppers within reasonable drive of Northwest Suburbs?
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 12:21:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Why not send to D.Wilson or use John at Retro Arms Works in Warsaw, IL.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:29:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I had one done at Maxons in Des Plains
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#3]
DSA
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 6:01:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why not send to D.Wilson or use John at Retro Arms Works in Warsaw, IL.
View Quote

Another vote for John. Including shipping, he'll probably turn it around faster than any of the local places for a comparable price and do a better job. I had a bad experience with a local shop. They made it right, but in the end, I wish I just went to John in the beginning to avoid the mess.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 6:59:27 PM EDT
[#5]
John at Retro does good work if you don't mind shipping. Great work and turnaround times.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 4:54:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Try The Gun Doctor, Inc in Roselle. They are conveniently located and do good work.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 11:14:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the suggestions, especially John at R.A.W.  More expensive than another I found, but the quality of work is truly amazing.  Two uppers shipped, work completed within a couple hours of receipt, and back in my hands in less than a week!! Highly recommend.
John - Thank you if you read this.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 8:38:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the suggestions, especially John at R.A.W.  More expensive than another I found, but the quality of work is truly amazing.  Two uppers shipped, work completed within a couple hours of receipt, and back in my hands in less than a week!! Highly recommend.
John - Thank you if you read this.
View Quote

Hey OP - I subbed to learn generally about this topic and am glad to learn that John is a good source for this work in case I need it.

What is the use case to weld an upper?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top