Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2020 4:15:34 PM EDT
need someone with silver soldering skills to move the front handguard lug back slightly, replace the splinter forend and iron, and resolder the lower rib. Also needs a new buttpad and pistol grip cap. This gun is a family heirloom that has fallen into disuse and was found in a basement space.
I have been tasked with finding a "gunsmith" to carry out the work and determining if it is "cost effective" to restore the old girl.
It is a highly engraved "Hunter Arms" with a single/select trigger(marked "Hunter Select" on the triggerguard) in 12 gauge. Well worn , but solid with 26 inch barrels. There are "bobwhites" engraved on one sideplate and a "flying duck" on the other with "L C Smith" on both sides of the sideplates.
Please contact me at: [email protected] and put "LC Smith" in the subject line or post in this thread any suggestions.
Thanks!
Hessian-1
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 4:53:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Look up Doug Turnbull. If he is still around, he’s good.

Make damn sure whoever does it knows what they are doing. Doubles cannot be hot blued. Case hardening is an art as well.

I am betting google would turn up several who specialize in old doubles such Parkers and Fox shotguns as well.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 7:41:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top