Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2020 12:31:52 PM EDT
Hi All,

I am new to Charlotte and would love to find a place to hunt nearby - small game, big game, waterfowl, anything really. Have over 20 years experience hunting and shooting, just don't know too many large landowners around here. If anyone has a lead I would be grateful!

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 3:49:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the QC.

I'm not a hunter but I sometimes shoot at a S Carolina Range, just outside of Chester. It is in the Sumter National Forest.

In the fall I see hunters going back into the woods with stands in their trucks, obviously getting ready for deer season.

I understand there are also Turkeys and I think dove fields in the area.

That's all I have

Link Posted: 9/16/2020 12:52:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, a little wary of public land. Hoping to find private land to hunt at some point but will check it out.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 1:24:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Problem is with private land most people are paying $3,000 - $5,000 for a lease..

over a 3-5 year time frame you can buy your own land ...

Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:41:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Good luck with this.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#5]
That’s a tough one. I’d look at Pisgah National forest around collettsville NC.  Also several state game lands on the eastern side of the state & of course the Croatan National forest as well (a friend of mine goes here for a full week of hunting/camping).

Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:39:41 AM EDT
[#6]
So tough to find places to hunt these days when you are new to an area.  some guided hunts might get you talking to the right people.  Perhaps check out Devil's Rib, Dewitts, or Cutawhiskie.

Took my wife on a quail hunt with Devil's Rib.  It's an easy pace, was fun and fit her skill level nicely probably a little boring/easy for someone with tons of hunting experience.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Did you ever find a place?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:17:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you ever find a place?
View Quote

@Stefoonga
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top