Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2020 7:34:51 PM EDT
I moved to Lawton (Fort Sill) about a week ago.  I'd like to start shooting USPSA, Steel Challenge, or 2 gun/carbine matches again.  Are there any clubs within an hour or two of Lawton?  I don't mind driving to OKC, Wichita Falls, or anywhere else within 100 miles or so of Lawton.

I'm also interested in CMP highpower clinics or matches, though I don't have any ammo to shoot those yet and this ammo shortage is hurting.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 10:01:58 PM EDT
[#1]
In OKC Area you have the gun club, I havent became a member but it seems to be a good place.

https://www.okcgunclub.org/

I dont know of any CMP Shoots but if you want some range to stretch out, check out fouled bore, its closer to lawton.

https://www.fouledbore.com/
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 11:31:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 4:07:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I think OKC gun club has hosted some CMP matches but I don’t think they are regular matches.  They do have monthly USPSA matches the first Saturday of every month typically.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome, thanks guys.  Between OKC, Double Tap, and maybe SCRAP I should be able to keep myself busy.

SCRAP doesn't appear to have any online presence at all for the last couple years, are they still open?
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 10:52:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Awesome, thanks guys.  Between OKC, Double Tap, and maybe SCRAP I should be able to keep myself busy.

SCRAP doesn't appear to have any online presence at all for the last couple years, are they still open?
View Quote

SCRAP doesn't have a website anymore, just a Facebook page (S.C.R.A.P. Club of Oklahoma).
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#7]
You can join SCRAP at:
Cache Creek Fly Shop
Address: 1004 SW C Ave, Lawton, OK 73501
Phone: (580) 353-1724

I think it is $70 a year, you get a key and can go when you want.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 12:40:10 AM EDT
[#8]
If you want to get adventurous, you can try a Run n Gun.  They have a night one coming up in October and then the winter one in January.

https://www.okrunngun.com
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 10:16:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you want to get adventurous, you can try a Run n Gun.  They have a night one coming up in October and then the winter one in January.

https://www.okrunngun.com
View Quote

I've done a couple events like that in the past and they were a lot of fun.  That group needs to update their website, the summer event was 2 weeks ago now and nowhere on there do they mention the October event.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I should have mentioned, the night run is organized by a different person but you’re correct, they’re not good about updating the website.

Here’s more info about the night run:

https://facebook.com/events/s/twilight-biathlon-october-23-2/724494351408330/?ti=icl
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 11:43:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Firearms Solutions in Duncan holds monthly bowling pin matches. I believe it's on the 1st Sunday each month. Haven't been in a while but they always seem to draw a good crowd.

Firearms Solutions Facebook
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 9:27:08 PM EDT
[#12]
There’s a range in Duke that does/did matches. IDPA and USPSA
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 11:42:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There’s a range in Duke that does/did matches. IDPA and USPSA
View Quote

Haven't had USPSA or Steel in almost 2 years. IDPA is still 2nd Saturday and has a decent turn-out from what I've heard.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 11:16:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I am in the same boat.

Moved to Elk City about 5 months ago.  Was a huge uspsa shooter and looking to do that here.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:37:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Firearms Solutions in Duncan holds monthly bowling pin matches. I believe it's on the 1st Sunday each month. Haven't been in a while but they always seem to draw a good crowd.

Firearms Solutions Facebook
View Quote

Firearms Solutions announced last night that they are going out of business. Last day will be 1 March.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 2:39:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Firearms Solutions announced last night that they are going out of business. Last day will be 1 March.
View Quote

I'm wondering if that isn't going to be a common thing this year that we will see repeated. I get the feeling the ammo shortage will eventually hit most of us and training, classes, and matches will trail off. Income streams will be limited for most of the ranges if i had to guess. I am wondering how much traffic has fallen off. I know i have gone from about 100 rounds a week to just enough to zero a couple sights in the last two months. I have enough rounds to shoot for a good while, but without knowing if they can be replaced reasonably it definitely restrains me from shooting. Lots of snapping in and training mag changes in the future it looks like.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top