Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2020 2:52:51 PM EDT
Any recommendations for a spot to fish reds. Everyone tells me Venice, but I've been told there are better, less-visited spots. I am looking to support a local guide.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 10:15:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Cocodrie would get my vote.  Pretty drive to get there, not near as much
oil and gas industry stuff to spoil the view as you''ll see in Venice.

Not near as much convenience though, inshore fishing is about on par with Venice.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 8:39:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll second Cocodrie. It's at the end of the Earth but, I always found it to be a better fishing spot than Venice due to the lack of oilfield traffic on the road and in the water. Somewhere near Golden Meadow wouldn't be too bad either.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 1:48:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: alpha0815] [#3]
Cocodrie is good if you want to hit the islands for summer time trout. Caught them all on top water last month. Such a blast.

If you want reds, try Delacroix
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top