Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2020 3:51:47 PM EDT
I have an uncle who lives in Bloomington.  His area is rapidly going downhill and he's starting to get worried.  He's got a plan in the works to move but its 5+years out.

He Just bought a gun and  he's calling me with lots of questions about guns, tactics and law in Minnesota. Today I suggested that he source some real training and invest at least as much money in training as he did in his glock.

He's fine with that but doesn't know where to go. He needs to start out at the very beginning of fundamentals and safety as this is his first exposure to handling firearms.

Any suggestions?  Preferably within 30 minutes of Bloomington.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 5:57:27 PM EDT
[#1]
This is who I did my conceal carry course with.  His full time job is that of a police officer.  He does training in the evenings/weekends.  

https://tacticalyetidefense.com/
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 1:42:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I would say Defensive Edge, but the offerings are sort of limited this time of year.

The other issue is finding ammo to train with.

Might want to check with the local indoor ranges
Stock and Barrel has two locations in the south metro Chanhassen and Eagan
Modern Sportsman in Burnsville
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 3:07:15 AM EDT
[#3]
@LTCetme

I can help him, but it will have to be over several sessions.  I can't go into 'tactics' until he has some fundamentals nailed down.

DM me if you want more info.  Pricing will depend on how much training he wants, but one on one private classes are not going to be cheap.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top