Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2021 2:09:07 PM EDT
Hi all,

I joined IWLA and made some friends that can hit 2 inch plates centerfire all day one handed at 25 yards. I’m happy keeping it on an 8 inch plate with both hands using a 22lr. I need some work on my form given I “self taught” during college with a 10mm as my first gun and 454 casull as the second. I got off on the wrong start.

Any persons you would recommend for handgun marksmanship training in the Nova area? Someone that can critique my stance, grip, habits, diagnosis issues, etc.

Thank You
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 4:21:25 PM EDT
[#1]
https://www.fpftraining.com/

The owner is an ARFCOM'r as well.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I work with these guys. They can tailor instruction for whatever level you want.  David

https://silvereaglegroup.com/private-instruction/
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 10:36:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.fpftraining.com/

The owner is an ARFCOM'r as well.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:52:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 2:53:28 PM EDT
[#5]
If you're looking to develop skills in traditional disciplines, (not "practical" or "tactical,") consider reaching out to the Metropolitan Pistol League. I'm not involved with the MPL and don't know what response you'll get. I hope someone involved could recommend someone who wants to share and teach the dying sport to new shooters. I only learned of it long ago when I was being trained for bullseye pistol by a member of the USAF shooting team. Bullseye is weird, expensive, and not at all practical, but when you see what even a decent shooter can do beyond what you think of as pistol distances, it's rather impressive.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 10:10:06 PM EDT
[#6]
No comments about SEG?  ARFCOM slipping or did SEG change ownership?  They used to be a BRCC level lightning rod in here...
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 9:21:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 9:38:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No comments about SEG?  ARFCOM slipping or did SEG change ownership?  They used to be a BRCC level lightning rod in here...
View Quote

I am fairly sure most people know how the majority of us feel about SEG. It seemed like beating a dead horse to post about it again.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 3:00:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hi all,

I joined IWLA and made some friends that can hit 2 inch plates centerfire all day one handed at 25 yards. I’m happy keeping it on an 8 inch plate with both hands using a 22lr. I need some work on my form given I “self taught” during college with a 10mm as my first gun and 454 casull as the second. I got off on the wrong start.

Any persons you would recommend for handgun marksmanship training in the Nova area? Someone that can critique my stance, grip, habits, diagnosis issues, etc.

Thank You
View Quote

what discipline? or style?

if bullseye or now called Precision pistol,  the MPL or go over to BullseyeL forum and make the same request,

if  you are closer to Charlottesville by chance,  then look at  Rivanna R&P, they used to have an informal bullseye match every now and then, and coached practice one night a week

if other disciplines are more your style, most usually have a somewhat local match, or group that may be able to help out
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 5:47:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I am trying to not come down hard....this time.
View Quote

Thread from 5 years ago is what it is.  Son runs the show now at a new location as of 2 1/2 years ago.  As for the training question, the director of training is a retired SEAL and the other main guy is a current 18B in the reserves.  They are very approachable and can cover whatever level of training you would want to work on in a one on one or group setting.  David
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 5:59:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thread from 5 years ago is what it is.  Son runs the show now at a new location as of 2 1/2 years ago.  As for the training question, the director of training is a retired SEAL and the other main guy is a current 18B in the reserves.  They are very approachable and can cover whatever level of training you would want to work on in a one on one or group setting.  David
View Quote

Does the son own the company or just run it? If the same people own it and the son runs it then money is still being given to anti-2A candidates.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top