Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2021 3:12:53 PM EDT
My google-fu seems to be weak this go around.

My boss asked me to find a foam solution for our problem. We need to store some product, box dimensions are 20x14x8, and the boss wants foam surrounding the product. I found some stick on blocks but, he is looking for for a spray foam solution so the product is encapsulated.

I found some products that are similar to a cold press pack, break the capsule in the bag and mix then foam expands. He mentioned at a former company he worked for they had outsourced this. I was looking and can not find anyone local to the office, Fredericksburg/Stafford area.

Does anyone know of a local company that offers spray foam services? We would need about 75 boxes done, so it is not a high volume job.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 4:26:29 PM EDT
[#1]
try uline

they only ship next day,  so you can get it quick

https://www.uline.com/BL_7708/Instapak-Quick-Room-Temperature?keywords=Expanding+Foam
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 4:31:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
try uline

they only ship next day,  so you can get it quick

https://www.uline.com/BL_7708/Instapak-Quick-Room-Temperature?keywords=Expanding+Foam
View Quote

Thanks for the link. I already found this product, or the same thing by another manufacture.

What I am looking for a company I can stop by with the box and product and have them do expanding for for me. My boss used to do that at another company he worked for and he wants to compare the price between that and the type of foam you linked.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 5:00:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 6:52:28 PM EDT
[#4]
My old co sent IT equip overseas sometimes.  We had a guy that used something similar to this.  Sorry its been years so I don't recall details.  

Fills all the voids and was reusable to a degree.

https://www.gopackagingstore.com/foam-in-place-custom-foam
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 12:30:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Used to be stores called the packaging store that had the equipment that mixed the chemicals and shot the foam into the boxes and it would
form around whatever you were shipping (foam in place) but most of those franchises are gone there is still one at 5145 Duke St in Alexandria 703-751-2446 but
that is the only location that i know of perhaps if they are too far away from you they might know of someone closer    Good Luck

Just saw the above post that's the place
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 10:17:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I'll pass it along to the boss and see if any of those interest him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top