Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2020 1:19:54 PM EDT
I just picked up the bottom 3/4 of ms as my sales territory. looking for suggestions on gun shops to check out during my travel. i love the old shops that are packed full of stuff where you might have to dig but can find gold. mags for old guns, deals on accessories and whatnot.

which should i check out?
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 4:44:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Any part in particular?

Not exactly what you described but in the upper NE area, Eddie Bobo Gunsmithing is a cool dude with lots of nifty toys (class 3 included). He'll offer you a Dr. Pepper but he's hazardous to your wallet.

Also, there's a tacked thread up top.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any part in particular?

Not exactly what you described but in the upper NE area, Eddie Bobo Gunsmithing is a cool dude with lots of nifty toys (class 3 included). He'll offer you a Dr. Pepper but he's hazardous to your wallet.

View Quote
will be driving from bama to jackson and up to greenville and back to north bama thru Starkville area
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 2:15:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
will be driving from bama to jackson and up to greenville and back to north bama thru Starkville area
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any part in particular?

@AKEngineer. He knows Starkville and Jackson. IDK of any regulars in Greenville area. Not any of the Colabros anyway.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:45:00 PM EDT
[#4]
The Sportsman in Greenville.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 1:15:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I have been summoned? Jackson area I would check out Cowart's on hwy 80 in Pearl, Swann's Gun and Repair on Old Canton rd in Jackson, and Guns and Gear. Those typically will get in older guns as well as new stuff. The first two definitely have that old gun shop feel to them. For new stuff The Armory in Ridgeland is pretty decent. Van's in Brandon usually has the best inventory but you may have to look for awhile to get a deal. In Starkville area I would check out Army Navy Pawn and Deweese's Pawn. If you want a road trip Mitch's in Hamilton is almost always worth the drive as is Gary's in West Point. If you want to grab lunch around Jackson sometime give me a shout, but I tend to stay in the suburbs these days.

If you end up on the coast Dad's Super Pawn in Gulfport is usually decent as well.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:22:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Been a while since I've been there but there's Rock House Gun and Pawn in Meridian as well as Philadelphia Gun and Pawn.  Haven't been to PG&P, just have heard of it.

jd1
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 7:34:37 PM EDT
[#7]
601 Sports at 3500 Pemberton Square Blv. is about the only place in Vicksburg.

One other so-so place is Delta Outfitters at 940 US-61, Vicksburg.

Don't waste your time at any pawn shops in Vicksburg.

And do not venture into Jackson without adequate artillery.  And if it has a safety, knock the safety off at the Jackson city limits as you enter.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 8:17:58 AM EDT
[#8]
601 Sports on Hwy 39 North in Meridian is a decent shop. 144 Tactical in Florence on Hwy 49 is a decent shop. The Armory in Ridgeland is a bit higher end than your average shop. The counter guy is a little detached though. Philadelphia Gun and Pawn in Philadelphia was decently stocked the last time I was there about 3 years ago. There’s a smattering of smaller shops here and there but those are the ones in my Circle of Regular Travel.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:34:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Gary's in west point and Columbus took a LOT of money from me in college.  Good shops.  Van's is good.  I scored some good deals there.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Dad's Super Pawn in Gulfport (NOT Pascagoula).  I love Gary's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top