Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2019 4:43:30 AM EDT
Short version of the story is my wife and I sold one of our homes and the second is up for sale properties in Olympia Wa, and got the heck out of there while we could. We're now living in a rental in Blanchard and loving life trying to lick our wounds from 2 complete house remodels, and relax. We love it here in Idaho and it already feels like home after only a month, but we're having trouble finding a large chunk of land that's semi reasonably priced. My brother and his family are going to sell their place and we're going to buy at the very minimum 50 acres, but have checked out a couple over 100, which we're really leaning towards the larger size for farming and two home/shop businesses.

If anyone knows of anything in the Priest River area please let us know, we'd really appreciate the help. I'm sure nothing will come up until spring, but we'd rather just buy something word of mouth instead of waiting for something to come along. We're all good God fearing, gun loving American's that just want to settle down and be left alone.

We're hoping to find something with a lot of usable land for home farming and raising animals for food and sale, a creek or pond would be a huge plus. Other than that we're pretty open to look at anything, in fact even if it doesn't have the water we'd still like to take a look. We've checked out everything currently for sale, most of which seems very overpriced even compared to Washington, but it's idiot out of towners like us doing that to the prices I suppose.

Thanks guys,
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a 5 acre piece of bare ground in Spirit Lake for something like $350k. Prices up here are California crazy. I can’t even imagine what “reasonable” is for 100 acres with water and pasture. 2mil+?

I have a Priest River Zipcode. I don’t know of anything like the size that you are looking for. Most places around me are smaller-even the bigger places-but best of luck.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 11:09:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I drive around quite a bit as an outside sales rep and see a lot of 5 acre lots. Winter might be a good time to pick something up. If you are already out here then I'd just check Zillow and other real estate sites. If you need a recommendation on a real estate agent then I know a freedom loving guy in the area.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 6:51:15 PM EDT
[#3]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 3:24:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IM sent.
View Quote
Thanks for the info, we'll look into that one.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 10:23:18 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife is a realtor, and she has a lead on some 20 acre parcels that aren't on the market yet.  I believe they could be bought for about 225K.  Northern Hayden area.  Email me if you want her contact info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top