Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2021 9:19:55 PM EDT
Hi!

National shortage of ammo and reloading supplies, so why not get into casting bullets?  What could go wrong?

Actually, I have avoided getting involved with bullet casting, just because it is another hobby within a hobby, within a hobby!  (Guns, reloading, bullet casting).
But I have some old rifles I want to get shooting again, and you can’t just buy pre made bullets.

So if anyone knows where I can pick up some 20 to 1 alloy, and some straight lead, I would appreciate the heads up.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 4:04:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out RotoMetals. Have all sorts of alloys & metals.
Free shipping with a certain (I think $100) amount purchased.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 8:27:08 AM EDT
[#2]
You have to get the right lead some of it has a lot of slag and junk. One of our guys tried to melt down some Sikorsky lead scraps and he said it was terrible
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 10:18:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep.  I've gotten great scrap and a pile of dogshit.  
Hence why I said Rotometals.  You know what your gettin.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#4]
With the price of cast bullets these days, especially the newer stuff, hi-tek coated bullets, it's not worth the effort for me to cast anymore.  Used to be able to get wheel weights by the free bucket loads at the gas stations but no more.  Most of that stuff isn't lead now anyway.  I just bought 500 45acp 230 grain cast bullets with the hi-tek coating from summit city for about 60 bucks.  I shoot lots of that coated cast now shoots great.  No leading and no smoke from a lube ring because you don't need it with the coating.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Sent you a PM with my contact info.  I have a few 5 gallon buckets of lead scrap I had been saving.  I just dont have time to cast.  I am in North Central CT of 91.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top