Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2018 2:03:16 PM EDT
My daughter finished grad school this past spring and has accepted a teaching position in Needham, MA. She is looking for a place to live within commuting distance. I would like to see her keep her rent under $1800/mth.

I lived in Arlington, MA for one year close to 30 years ago and have no idea about the apartment market other than hearing it is very expensive.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 7:19:17 PM EDT
[#1]
How is she looking to commute? The train goes to several locations with stops everywhere. Personally I would have her look elsewhere further away from the city. Nicer areas and probably cheaper rent.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Needham is in an expensive area, good luck finding rent in that price range in that or surrounding towns.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 1:46:08 PM EDT
[#3]
She is looking to commute with her car.

On Monday she is looking at a few places. One that looks promising is a 4 bedroom apartment looking for a new roommate. Located in Brookline and $1K/mth. Apparently she wants to live close to Boston rather than being further out and commute in to Needham.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:15:11 PM EDT
[#4]
She has an apartment in Brookline.

Now she needs to find a place for her car.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:19:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Parking in the city is tough. Does her building have a lot or does she need to park on the street?
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#6]
No parking associated with the building. Brookline does not allow overnight on street parking.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top