Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2018 6:48:42 PM EDT
Not sure if anyone is in the North Kitsap area, but I'm looking to buy a House or Condo hopefully before September. We are currently living in Edmonds and can't afford to buy there, since we aren't Kardashians. The Wife just opened a business in Kingston this year and I work in Edmonds, if anyone has a lead, I'd love to hear from you.

First time home buyers, have financing, etc, etc.

Semper Fi.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 12:00:56 AM EDT
[#1]
PM sent.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 1:38:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Good Luck! My wife and I are looking in Silverdale and we're not having any luck. We made an offer on a house in Bremerton. We offered asking and to pay everything else. People are paying cash and above asking.
ETA: oh and if you drive a white tundra with a BFL sticker on the back...I was behind you a couple days ago. I was heading for the Kingston ferry.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Good luck.  We finally found a good house with a bit over a third acre near Island Lake in Silverdale a year and a half ago.  Since then the estimated price on Zillow has bumped it to more than $40K over what we paid.  New homes in Silverdale, and there aren't many, are running around $450K for a box on a postage stamp sized lot with very limited parking.  Developers have been sitting on platted housing developments since the last real estate bust, and I guess they don't think it profitable enough to restart them.  There's a 20+ acre tract right on Ridgetop that's still sitting vacant.

Hansville and Kingston are the most convenient to what you want to do.  You can also venture out across the Hood Canal bridge- that area is underdeveloped and running a bit cheaper.  You will have to deal with the occasional bridge closure for marine traffic or high winds, but it's seldom closed for very long.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:46:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Update. We've looked at a couple houses in Kingston and Hansville. It seems to be very slim pickings right now. Put an offer in last weekend for 20k over asking, house went for 35k over asking. Just need a little luck.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 1:02:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Just bought a Place in Hansville, we close on May 31st. Anyone else in the North Kitsap area?
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 1:54:37 PM EDT
[#6]
We are currently in South Kitsap but looking to move.  We will either be in North Kitsap or Fox Island outside Gig Harbor, haven't decided which yet.  We will probably be buying a vacant lot and building something because we can' find what we want that is both available and affordable.  Glad you found something.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Just a thought but have you looked at the Port Ludlow area, it is just across the bridge from Kingston.

I didnt see that you had already bought one
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top