Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2021 4:03:07 PM EDT
Hi AL HTF, I'm checking out places to live around Mobile. I would prefer to stay out of the city but stay within about a 45 minute drive to the airport. Looking for an apartment. So far, the East Bay seems like a good choice. Are there other places that have rental properties and a small town feel?
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#1]
What airport? We have two and they are about 30 min apart
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 12:43:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Good point. I mean MOB, not downtown.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:50:55 AM EDT
[#3]
What is your budget and what are your size needs?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:40:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm paying around $1300/mo in my current place, less than that would be nice. One or two bedroom ideally.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 5:25:27 AM EDT
[#5]
With that kind of budget it will keep you out of the college apts, and the hood. It will also allow you to be in the higher end apts with amenities that aren't trash. I would would recommend olde oak apts in Saraland. When I lived there it was 980/month with a washer dryer in the unit on the first floor for a 2/2 bed bath.  It's a newer complex that was in good condition.

Two of my neighbors just moved from there when their houses were finished and still had no complaints about it other than the price.

you can definitely find cheaper apartments to rent but there's going to be a bunch of draw backs.

Eta- it will put you at a 30 min commute to mob and 25 min to bfm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top