Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2023 3:15:14 PM EDT
Planning on meeting an old lifelong friend somewhere close to the Cincinatti/Covington border for a nice relaxing afternoon of target bench shooting our AR's. Range must be public, as we are coming from two different states. Outdoor bench shooting a plus. 50/100 yards is fine. 200 would be fun. He is new to AR platform and want to get him acquainted. Recommendations for dinner/hotel/potentially campground also would help. We are planning on shooting for a few hours then having a nice dinner/few beers to catch up on old times.

Thank you for any recommendations/cross posted to Ohio as well.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 4:58:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out the tube range (free) at the Lloyd WMA in Crittenden, KY.  It is a 100 yard range, have to shoot through tubes because of... people... but it has shooting benches and a covered shooting area.  Early is better from my understanding, been a while...

Check the map in link, look for the word "tubes".

https://app.fw.ky.gov/public_lands_search/detail.aspx?Kdfwr_id=153
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 6:03:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m glad you mentioned this. I am new to the area (literally 5 minutes from that WMA. I thought it was only that skeet club that was there. Once my work schedule settles in I think I will check out the tubes (new idea to me) but I can at least shoot with my new scope.

Might you know if the place is a mess during weekdays?

I passed a couple indoor places in Florence but haven’t check any out just yet.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 1:01:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Northern Kentucky straight shooters has a nice range on the other side of the road from Lloyd. It has covered concrete shooting benches. There are berms at 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200, and one at about 325 yards.
The public can shoot when the range is open for $5.00. For members it's a dollar.
You can find their info and schedule at http://www.nkssa.org/
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 7:51:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you, I moved not but a couple months ago and still finding things. That place looks good. I need to get down there this week and check it out before heading to work since I’m on second shift for the next two weeks.

I honestly thought it was skeet only and since I’ve not gotten to know many locals yet I could not confirm. Going to have to hit the LGS in dry ridge and see how they are. Place looks ok from the outside at least.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:27:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Randy's Range - they are on facebook.

My favorite range by far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top