Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2019 5:59:33 PM EDT
Looking for a new transfer ffl,been using h&h sportshop but they are out of my way some and not all that prompt at getting things checked in and calling to tell you it’s there. At times it has taken 3-5 days to get things checked in.

They also will not cut any sort of deal on transfers so if you buy 3 lowers they want 90.00 to transfer them.

I used to like element arms in Becker but unfortunately they closed up shop. So anyone have a decent ffl in the montecello area?
Since I work at msp I guess anywhere along the route would be fine too

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 7:07:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Rock Creek Arms /FFL in Rogers.

Nice guy.

Used him a few times.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 3:36:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Northern Pawn in Isanti is my go-to, but that might be a ways out of your way.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:59:19 PM EDT
[#3]
If you don't mind driving to Blaine, Capra's is good to work with
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:25:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
What do they charge?   And do they charge guns times X if you bring in more than 1 at at time?
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 4:24:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What do they charge?   And do they charge guns times X if you bring in more than 1 at at time?
View Quote
$35 for one transfer but if you are doing two or more at the same time they'll do $20 or $25 each
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 11:59:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I met a guy at work that hold a FFL and only charges $10. Hes located in Lino Lakes, I can ask him if he is willing to take new guys. I know some small FFLs like to stay small..
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#7]
What about that pawn shop in Monticello? Last time I was there they kept mentioning how I could order things online and ship there...I think they were hurting for business
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I’ll stop over and check them out. Never been so n there before. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
I was going to post this
Not sure how far out of your way it is, but Capra's is a good shop.
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#10]
the trading post in Princeton was $20 last time I use them and I was told the Pawn shop on HWY 10 in Ramsey only charges $15.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 10:36:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
the trading post in Princeton was $20 last time I use them and I was told the Pawn shop on HWY 10 in Ramsey only charges $15.
View Quote
I've used both these and believe this is correct.  I previously used the trading post because they were $10 but then they raised their rates to at least $20....might be higher.  I've used the pawn shop as well and they were $15 on my last transfer which was about a year ago.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:00:21 AM EDT
[#12]
TC Firearms is decent. Out of his own home, but, he is sincere and won't fuck with you on who you buy your gun from.

I prefer to support the guy vs "the shop" where I have to deal with shit attitude from a dealer.

Worse yet, having to listen to endless stories and here some douchebag talking shit about 1911 and then screw up your S&W.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top