Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2018 2:25:59 PM EDT
I've been researching tactical rifle/carbine courses near the Kansas City area, so I wanted to see if anyone here has any experience and recommendations to share.

Here's what I've found so far:
- Centerfire Shooting Sports/Frontier Justice: both offer rifle courses at their indoor ranges, but so far there aren't any classes scheduled for the rest of 2018
- Midwest Tactical: an outdoor range that's about 1 hr 20 min away in Missouri; seems like a good company, but I haven't found any reviews online
- SRT Group: another outdoor range; I've read some comments giving them high praise
- Lead Faucet Tactical: a traveling training company that holds some classes in De Soto and Wamego; doesn't appear that there are anymore Kansas classes in 2018

Since I'm a fairly new gun owner, this would be the first shooting course that I'd ever taken. Basic courses are probably best for me. Although the closer the course is, the better, I wouldn't mind driving a couple of hours to a good class.

If you've trained with any of the companies that I've mentioned or with a company that I haven't discovered yet, I'd appreciate your input!
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 7:56:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Watch for updates at Bone Creek Gun Club south of KC near Pittsburg.  It's a great range and they do classes frequently, looks like the next class is an Advanced Pistol class in October.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 8:41:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the suggestion; I'll keep an eye out for any rifle classes
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 10:36:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll 2nd SRT Group.  They have something tomorrow at the caves range. $40 I think
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 4:00:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Good to know, been watching Youtube videos of their courses. Can't make it to their classes this month, but I'll try to make it to one
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top