Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2021 10:34:30 AM EDT
I am looking for a place to go camping this summer with my kid. He wants something that has things to do like a KOA campground but I don't want to be in a tent parking lot on top of each other. Does anything like that exist?  looking for within 3 hours of Toledo area.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 1:14:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Harrison Lake State Park used to have a nice primitive side of the lake set aside for tent camping. It was nice a few years ago but don't know if it is still primitive.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 2:48:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Isn't there a Blue Heron state park up in the Catawba/Port Clinton area?
No idea what it is like to camp there as it has been many many years since I lived up there as a kid.
I think I remember it having a nice beach.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 4:48:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Leafy Oaks seneca county
Clinton lakes seneca county
Lazy River campground sandusky county
Middle bass, South bass, and Kelley's Island all have state park campgrounds that are nice.
Crystal Rock campground erie county/might be packed because of cedar point
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 4:54:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Isn't there a Blue Heron state park up in the Catawba/Port Clinton area?
No idea what it is like to camp there as it has been many many years since I lived up there as a kid.
I think I remember it having a nice beach.
View Quote

East Harbor state park?  in that area and has a large beach and campground
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#5]
The state park campgrounds up on the islands are nice

If you want privacy, go to the state park on middle bass.  You could then ferry over to the other islands during the day and there's all sorts of stuff to do

Kelleys Island state park campground is nice and there's enough to do there to have fun, and it's more relaxed than south bass island

South bass state park has camping and there's plenty to do on south bass.  The bars do get rowdy on certain weekends but the state park is far away from them.  There's a little golf course right next to the park that is fun for kids.  South bass also has the most to do for kids/families and places to eat

They’re all a good mix of relaxing camping/stuff to do

Indian lake state park has a nice campground

Yogi bear in mt gilead caters to kids/families and has a ton of cool stuff.  Not sure how far from you that is but kids would love it
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 11:55:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Great suggestions. Thank you all. Will have to dig into these.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top