Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2022 6:00:39 PM EDT
Hi all

Well we just signed the final paperwork and have sold our house in Phoenix. Made 74% on it after owning for just over two years. This has given us a nice chunk of cash to put down on a home that we will hopefully be in for a good long while.

We are moving in with the wife's parents in Houston for a bit, until we figure out where we want to end up. We're pretty sure we want to be in the Little Rock area.

Wife spent summer camps at a place close to Floral, went to college in Searcy and has a lot of friends in the area still.

We don't want to be super far out of town and somewhere like Searcy that is in a dry county is just a huge no-no lol. Cabot, Jacksonville and Conway are contenders but the wife wants to be close to water.
Maumelle looks like it could be for us. Seemingly no dodgy areas and the average price of a home seems a little higher than other places.

Lots of horror stories about Little Rock but honestly that doesn't bother us too much. We currently live in a rougher area of Phoenix but have never seen much excitement.

River Mountain, Rock Creek out to the west of town seem to have some decent houses too. Also a lot more inventory. Not sure what to make of that though haha.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 3:48:19 PM EDT
[#1]
West and NW LR. Maumelle is nice but more yuppyish if that is still a term.
Do you want newer or an older neighborhood?
We  used to live just south of Cammack and it was a great area but older. We loved it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 10:13:11 PM EDT
[#2]
You didn't say, but I assume you are moving as part of a job transfer.  Correct?  If yes, loo at where you are going to be working and adjust your plans from there.

If not job related, then there are other parts of the state that you should condsider

Link Posted: 6/19/2022 9:34:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scottMO] [#3]
Floral Ark summer camp- camp takodah?  I went there too, lol.  I’m in back in Searcy after 20 plus years away.  there is alcohol in some restaurants now but you are correct, Harding had all of the liquor licenses until a few years ago and there was nothing til then.  Cabot is a short drive away for an actual liquor store, it’s not bad, you just have to plan ahead (like for Sunday’s).

Heber spring and hot springs would be a strong contender if you are looking for water access.

Cabot/maumelle/Conway are great areas too!
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:59:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By scottMO:
Floral Ark summer camp- camp takodah?  I went there too, lol.  I’m in back in Searcy after 20 plus years away.  there is alcohol in some restaurants now but you are correct, Harding had all of the liquor licenses until a few years ago and there was nothing til then.  Cabot is a short drive away for an actual liquor store, it’s not bad, you just have to plan ahead (like for Sunday’s).

Heber spring and hot springs would be a strong contender if you are looking for water access.

Cabot/maumelle/Conway are great areas too!
View Quote

Know anyone with the last name Keese?
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:08:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Update

Bought a place in Maumelle, will be moving in by the end of the month!
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 2:11:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats
Now learn the Hog Call
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:27:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to Maumelle!  Police response time is great and they are reasonable but Don’t speed.  Restaurant selection could be better but I think you’ll like this bedroom community.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 11:40:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Way late here, haha, but welcome to Maumelle!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top