User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2021 4:58:03 PM EDT
off Hwy 14 and 95

What's the Scuttlebutt on the area?
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 5:53:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Not many jobs and schools are pretty basic. If that's not an issue it's great. Lots of rednecks but that's pretty common anywhere in the Ozarks.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 10:46:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Extraordinarily rural.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Ava has a Walmart plus a bunch of fast food restaurants, 2 Mexican restaurants, and a really crappy all your can eat Chinese place.
I live in Ozark County and am up there frequently.

Bid on a house on 115 acres a few months ago in that 95/14 area, I wasn't the highest bidder, and didn't get it.

It's a nice area and has easy access to Springfield.

95 & 14 is a ways out there. Should be really quiet. Rockbridge is just south of there and is beautiful area. Once, or twice, a year we go have Trout at the Rockbridge Resort.

https://www.rockbridgemo.com/

This pic was taken back in April at Spring Creek which is right near Rockbridge off of Hwy 95 (south of 14).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 12:05:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This pic was taken back in April at Spring Creek which is right near Rockbridge off of Hwy 95 (south of 14).
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41568/4-6_creek_jpg-2002445.JPG
View Quote

That makes me want to go swimming. It's kind of like where I used to swim in the Meramec, near Bourbon/Leasburg.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#7]
ok, I think I will reconsider.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:40:27 AM EDT
[#8]
We have a vacation plot there.  Freaking great woodland activities, rolling hills, streams everywhere.  It's also poor, rural and about what you would expect anywhere in America that's 30 minutes from nearest tiny town.

My cabin is going up but unless the POS government stops jacking the supply chain its going to be years before I can get it finished.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top