Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2021 1:35:46 PM EDT
Wife is considering travel nursing and we would most likely have to get our own policy.

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:41:16 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife wants to retire from her 911 dispatching job. Another year and her retirement will pay about $2k a month. I'm having doubts that will pay for any kind of reasonable private healthcare insurance.

Before we were married, I got on the BCBS silver program under Obamacare, you notice how quickly they trashed that program?

BCBS only advertises for the Federal Employee program and the medicare supplement program for seniors.

Now it's time to send in the transsexual clowns again.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Are there "brokers" that group people together to get better rates and plans than you would on your own?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:53:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm self employed and have to buy my own medical insurance.    For the last several years I have used Cigna, but they have pulled out of Texas for individual policy's.     From what I could find there were only three company's left writing policy's for individuals.    There is Blue cross/Shield, high cost, 4 out of 5 star rating.   Moline, mid level cost with 3 out of 5 star rating,   Their was a 3th, only 2 star rating and lost of bad reviews.      I went with a Moline policy, that works for me.   It's cheaper then my old cigna policy and have better deductibles as well.

Review the policy's and compare the cost of the policy vs the deductibles and total out of pocket cost.     If you are on meds be sure to check if they are covered and what their cost are for the policy as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top