Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2020 8:48:01 PM EDT
Guy has a 6.8 for a great price and I’m interested. Unfortunately, I’m 8 hrs away and I don’t want to get burnt.

I’ll figure out a way to reimburse you for your time.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:50:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Im in Alpine 24 miles away from Marfa, let me know how I can be of any assistance.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:08:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im in Alpine 24 miles away from Marfa, let me know how I can be of any assistance.
View Quote
PM sent brother.

ETA: Inbox currently full. email inbound.

Edit, never mind, I can’t really see a way I’m not left exposed to a significant chance of $$ being stolen by this guy, even if the rifle IS real.

Thank you for the offer

https://texasguntrader.com/category/948/Rifles-for-Sale-Semi-Auto-for-Sale/listings/1501284/LWRC-SIX8-SPR-68mm-SPC-II.html

Is the link. That’s a killer price and I’d love the rifle, but short of me sending you the $$ for the purchase and then you shipping the rifle to my FFL (for background check, Im not asking for straw purchase) I cant think of a way to make it work.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:35:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, wish I could have been of more help. I totally feel you though, I was thinking the same thing as I responded. That's a hell of a deal also, if anything changes let me know.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:36:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Damn, wish I could have been of more help. I totally feel you though, I was thinking the same thing as I responded. That's a hell of a deal also
View Quote
Heck, give the guy a message on TGT... maybe it’s real and you can end up with a sweet rifle for cheap (or flip it to expand your collection) and rib me about it forever!
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#5]
looks like a scam...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/854652033

Same rifle with the same host image for sale in Missouri.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 1:48:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
looks like a scam...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/854652033

Same rifle with the same host image for sale in Missouri.
View Quote
There ya go
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 4:00:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Anytime a deal on there seems too good to be true, look at the join date. If it's new, it's almost a given it's a scam. The IP lookup is a cool feature on TGT, too. Almost always, those same ads return an IP that is non-local.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Hmmmm, now I'm really interested in seeing if this guy is really in Marfa or not.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 2:10:54 AM EDT
[#9]
It's a common scam on TGT and Armslist for people to list cool and kinda hard to find guns at great prices but be in the middle of BFE where the average Joe can't get out to to inspect and make the purchase. They are basically hoping you will trust them with your money while they (dont) mail the gun to you/your FFL. In addition to checking the account creation date, the IP address you can also run a reverse image search on the pictures. the pictures are usually stolen from forums and Gunbroker.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top