Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2018 10:02:07 AM EDT
Hi Ohio crew, hope that this is ok to post here. My sister in law had my mother and father in laws rings in her vehicle and it was broken into and they were stolen. They were to be made into new jewelry for siblings (father in law passed away many years ago). Perps trashed her car, left pot needles all over the car, broke all the windows, etc. Sad story. Police report filed, but i thought I'd post here with the pics and inscriptions, my thought being that the only way these have value to someone is to pawn them, and "you never know".

Having had some of my own stuff stolen over the years, I know this is very likley a nothing chance, but it was what I thought I could offer. If anyone in the area frequents pawn shops, knows any local-ish LEOs (or are one), etc. I thought it at least worth trying. They are a matched set, and the rings are engraved "3.26.83" and "2.20.82" (engagement). There may be some words as well.

Pic:

Thanks for keeping an eye out.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 6:20:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Sad situation. Hope they turn up.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:56:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sad situation. Hope they turn up.
View Quote
This...
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 8:46:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry guys, duh. Columbus area. And thanks.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#5]
This might be too late, but hit up the places that buy gold in your area with the pic you have.  Thieves  usually want to convert the rings into money.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't live there, but I've asked the SIL to circulate these to pawnshops and "we buy gold" places within about an hours drive.

Its been a few weeks now (we just found out) so they may be gone, but someone might remember them.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top