Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2021 1:57:18 PM EDT
Any spots to shoot beyond 300m near Tacoma? There is a range on JBLM but its fuddy as fuck.

Before anyone says it, the links are all busted in the pinned thread.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 7:58:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I know a few guys who (used to?) shoot PRS matches at Upper Nisqually Sportsmen's Club. Roughly 1.25 hr SSE of Tacoma.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Upper Nisqually has a 550 yard range with steel targets on it at a number of distances that is open to members and their guests any time there isn't a match or maintenance going on.  

They used to have precision rifle matches there, and still have bench matches once a month at 600 yards in which I believe non-members are allowed to shoot.  Take a look at their web site and the schedule for the 600 yard matches that are usually on a Sunday starting around 9am and done by noon.  

Link Posted: 4/13/2022 3:00:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I remember Paul Bunyan might have 500 yds available.  It's in Puyallup.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I remember Paul Bunyan might have 500 yds available.  It's in Puyallup.
View Quote

Only for organized matches at PB. 600yds

Cascade, Nisqually you can shoot 500-600 if no matches etc as club member.

TRRC has 5-600yd range not sure if usable by members  beyond matches.

Biggest problem on that side is most clubs are completely surrounded by houses so for liability reasons they dont' allow long range shooting outside of organized competition. Someone blasted a house at Machias awhile back.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:44:29 PM EDT
[#5]
The problem I had with the west side ranges with some distance is you need to be a member. I'm not against that in principle, but when they have something like a year+ waitlist to become a member.....Well, speaking practically, theres no place to shoot long range without heading off to the east side and finding some BLM land. (I'll ignore the whole "Be an NRA member" issue)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top