Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2022 7:29:00 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 9:04:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Too many NYS politicians have been bred to think of carrying a gun as being highly unusual.
They need to rub shoulders with people from other states more often
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 9:07:36 AM EDT
[#2]
And this is how they will continue to restrict things.

There will need to be numerous lawsuits to get anywhere.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 12:50:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess he didn't read the SCOTUS rule about you cant just pick and choose new areas where you cant carry.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 2:34:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Lafazan is running in the primary for 3rd District (my district) Congressman, replacing Tom Suozzi-D who is running for Governor. While the Democrat Governor position will be settled this Tuesday, and I do not expect Suozzi to beat Hochul, the primary for Suozzi's replacement will take place August 23rd. Frankly, whichever Democrat wins the August primary will be Congressman in 2023. The district does not have enough Republican or swing voters to flip the election. Plus the recent Dobbs decision is a non-starter for Republicans in this district.

I have met Lafazan a few times and I was NOT overly impressed. These recent statements are basically a continuation of Suozzi's policies. To be frank, he is not leading in the current district polls, though those could change.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Just making noise!  

This was addressed in the ruling IE: Manhattan can not be off limits to concealed carry.  

Does this idiot believe he can make Nassau different?
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Hopefully we can get an injunction when they pass a bunch more restrictions later this week that clearly are not allowed based on the decision. Overall the case was a big win for us but in the short term it’s going to make things much worse for upstaters who currently can carry just about anywhere.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 4:49:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob123456789:
Hopefully we can get an injunction when they pass a bunch more restrictions later this week that clearly are not allowed based on the decision. Overall the case was a big win for us but in the short term it’s going to make things much worse for upstaters who currently can carry just about anywhere.
View Quote

The problem is Sotomayer hears emergency appeals for NY (2nd circuit). She will likely deny the emergency appeal and force it en banc. Of course we could get lucky with a federal district judge, but I'm not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:57:03 PM EDT
[#8]
He missed the memo left by Justice Thomas
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top