Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 3:37:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I also hope that you are getting a bit of Comfort in knowing the he was Very A Respected Member of our ARFCOM Community.
I have some great 'Friends' here, whom I've never met met in person, but we've been in contact via messages or phone.
As you've seen, very helpful people here.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 3:43:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Many prayers for the family, I hate to hear this has happened.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#3]
So sorry to hear that.  He was a great guy.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Funeral home was able to unlock his phone for me a little bit ago.

His phone alarm went off this morning and I couldn't turn it off, which sent me into a meltdown.

Not sure if he ever posted on it as I don't like the world knowing it, but I am Ringo's PA, and he and John had been great friends for may a year.

I am trying to quickly check his accounts before his phone locks up and I can't get back on again.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I know he loved this forum and had many friends here.

As for resetting the phone it is all biometrics with his finger and face and to turn them off I need a password which I don't have. If he had had a pin, then there might have been a slim possibility of being able to open it later. When it goes off I don't know when I may be back.

I  still reeling from this, I want this bad dream to be over... he was diagnosed on Sunday with a positive covid test and died early Thursday morning. He woke me up at 3 am saying he couldn't catch his breath, EMS was at our home in under 15 min, he was talking with them after they had him on oxygen, and when they went to move him to the gurney he just dropped. They were never able to get his heart started, he was gone. They did transport to the ER, but again they never got his heart back into any kind of rhythm. They called him a little after 4. From him wakingme up to him dropping was under 45 min.

I was tested Thursday and tested negative, but I am supposed to get retested in a week.

On that note, hugs to everyone. You have shown me how loved he was here, and I know he loved all of you.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:01:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:13:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m a little chapped still that I no longer have LoneWolf545 to bicker with about plot details in military sci-fi. Dude was a freaking encyclopedia of funny stories.

Sigh.

Tonight I hoist my Suntory 17 year old Japanese whiskey in the general direction of Georgia.  I hope that others will do the same.

To absent companions....
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 8:38:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Very sorry to hear this
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 8:49:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As for resetting the phone it is all biometrics with his finger and face and to turn them off I need a password which I don't have. If he had had a pin, then there might have been a slim possibility of being able to open it later. When it goes off I don't know when I may be back.

I  still reeling from this, I want this bad dream to be over... he was diagnosed on Sunday with a positive covid test and died early Thursday morning. He woke me up at 3 am saying he couldn't catch his breath, EMS was at our home in under 15 min, he was talking with them after they had him on oxygen, and when they went to move him to the gurney he just dropped. They were never able to get his heart started, he was gone. They did transport to the ER, but again they never got his heart back into any kind of rhythm. They called him a little after 4. From him wakingme up to him dropping was under 45 min.

I was tested Thursday and tested negative, but I am supposed to get retested in a week.

On that note, hugs to everyone. You have shown me how loved he was here, and I know he loved all of you.
View Quote

As we say in The Biker World, Love, Loyalty, Honor And Respect.
Your Husband certainly met of all 4 of the above here.
He'll be Remembered, 'Till We Meet Again'.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:03:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your man was a good man.  I don’t say that about many.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:16:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry for your loss, ma'am.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 10:29:42 PM EDT
[#13]
So sorry for your loss Ginger.  I will miss seeing his avatar and posts here.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 10:55:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm a little chapped still that I no longer have LoneWolf545 to bicker with about plot details in military sci-fi. Dude was a freaking encyclopedia of funny stories.

Sigh.

Tonight I hoist my Suntory 17 year old Japanese whiskey in the general direction of Georgia.  I hope that others will do the same.

To absent companions....
View Quote
I raise my glass. Fair journeys, Lonewolf545...

Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:56:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Im saddened to hear this.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 7:43:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 12:14:43 PM EDT
[#17]
May God comfort the family.

Rest in peace Lone Wolf.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sorry for your loss, ma'am.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2021 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#20]
My condolences for your loss, ma’am
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Condolences
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 2:48:31 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

My God. This is even more of a kick in the gut than I could have imagined. I can't imagine your nightmare of having to deal with it in such a sudden and unexpected way like that. That is heart wrenching to read.

Again, I'm so sorry. Thank you for sharing with us what happened to him though.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 3:20:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Mrs. Lonewolf:

Your detail of your husband's passing is extremely shocking and should be a wake up call to all that don't believe that covid is dangerous.  It affect people differently, some just get a sneeze and that's it.  And others are like your husband.  Hug all that is close to you, hold them tight.  Only time will lessen your pain, it will never really go away.  Continue to monitor your own health.  Just because you were negative when you tested, it only means that the virus hasn't infected you at the time of the test.  Exposure to your late husband from that time until he passed could have changed your situation.  Get tested again in a few days.  

Prayers to you and your family.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 3:20:43 PM EDT
[#24]
I am sorry for your loss,I didn't know your husband but I knew him from this site he was a good guy
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 4:29:42 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 4:37:33 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm just learning of this and want to pass along my heartfelt condolences.

LW545 will be missed greatly.

Prayers sent for Ginger and his family.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 4:41:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Sorry for your loss. He was a longtime member here and his avatar was very familiar.

RIP.

Link Posted: 3/27/2021 4:44:05 PM EDT
[#28]
My condolences. He will be missed here.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 6:23:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Sorry to hear this , my condolences
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Sorry for your loss.  Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#31]
I am very sorry to hear of his passing.  

My prayers & condolences to you and your family.

Link Posted: 3/27/2021 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#32]
OMG, so sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your loved ones and family.....
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#33]

Prayers for you and yours.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Very sorry for your loss ma’am.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 9:33:17 PM EDT
[#35]
My condolences. May he rest in peace.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#36]
My condolences and am very sorry to see you going through this. Hopefully, you have inquired with your physician as to an "aggressive" protocol for treatment if you come back positive. As you know better than most, this virus is nothing go lightly on. Hope you're electing the vaccine as well. Take care.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 12:04:49 PM EDT
[#37]
I am truly sorry for your loss, Ginger, and prayers are sent for you and family. I don’t post much, but read Arfcom GD almost everyday and recall LoneWolf545 positively. While I had not yet had the pleasure to meet him personally, my impression of him was that he was smart and a true gentleman. He will be missed.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 12:08:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Terrible news. So sorry. Prayers out for your family.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#39]
----UPDATE FROM GINGER, 3/29/21----

Good morning all, I've been in touch with Ginger and she asked me to submit an update for her. She is awaiting the results of her second CoVid test and has fallen back to a friends house to try to limit her exposure at home, as well as try to get a little mental break.

She wanted me to express her gratitude for all the support here, James loved this place and the outpouring of support means the world to her. Ginger has been working on the administrative side of things, and will be working on getting James' obituary written soon. This is directly from Ginger for the site:

"I will announce more later, until I have a second negative test everything is on pause and no dates for anything will be set. Hopefully I will have his obituary up in the next couple of days, and a link will be posted at that time."

I want to reiterate how much it means that everyone has taken the time to share their thoughts and prayers. This has been extremely difficult for James' family, and the folks here have helped lessen the burden. Thank you all for that.

As I hear more from Ginger, I will keep folks posted, and will share this update in the thread in TEAM.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 12:09:58 PM EDT
[#40]
very sad..........thoughts and prayers.
Thx for the update....
TexasAg
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 2:43:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 3:08:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Hopefully this 20 year account can be salvaged.

If all else fails and she has to make a new account, I will buy her a bronze membership so she has Team access.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 6:24:31 PM EDT
[#43]
My condolences to you and your family. He will be missed.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 7:38:52 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm sorry for your loss

He was a great brother
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 2:01:57 AM EDT
[#45]
I am soo sorry for you loss

My thoughts and heartfelt prayers are with you and your and family.  ??
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 2:12:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 3:52:08 AM EDT
[#47]
So sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 6:07:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Sorry for your loss. It’s always sad to see long time guys pass on. God bless you and your family.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 9:38:14 AM EDT
[#49]
My most sincere and deeply condolences to you, your family and friends on your loss.

Link Posted: 3/30/2021 12:23:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top