Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2021 11:01:49 PM EDT
Hey gang,

Anywhere folks gather to shoot at night? Just got a PVS14 and looking for places to shoot at night and I'm coming up short.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 2:53:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Interested since I have a PVS-14 on order currently.

I’m in southern NH near 93 and 101.

From what I understand, Pelham Fish and Game used to have unorganized night shoots as long as you got approval from the BOD.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 7:30:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interested since I have a PVS-14 on order currently.

I’m in southern NH near 93 and 101.

From what I understand, Pelham Fish and Game used to have unorganized night shoots as long as you got approval from the BOD.
View Quote

I'm actually a PF&G member. They stopped doing the night shoots. I'm working to bring them back, but I have an uphill battle in front of me after bringing it up with the BOD.

Trying to find alternate locations.

Link Posted: 8/11/2021 7:55:15 AM EDT
[#3]
@Bullet_Magnet

I’m also a member there but I’m new. I joined about two months ago.

I’m willing to help get the ball rolling to get night shoots going again. I’m not sure what caused them to stop or what “rules” had to be followed to shoot them.
I’m very familiar with dealing with BOD’s from being a IDPA Comittee member at my old club.

I know another guy in the area with NV and I’m sure there are others.

PM me if you want to discuss what we can do or come up with something.

Steve.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 8:44:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@Bullet_Magnet

I’m also a member there but I’m new. I joined about two months ago.

I’m willing to help get the ball rolling to get night shoots going again. I’m not sure what caused them to stop or what “rules” had to be followed to shoot them.
I’m very familiar with dealing with BOD’s from being a IDPA Comittee member at my old club.

I know another guy in the area with NV and I’m sure there are others.

PM me if you want to discuss what we can do or come up with something.

Steve.
View Quote

Excellent. Thanks Steve! Just sent you an email. I need all the help I can get.

The biggest concern (so they say) is insurance. They said they fought their previous insurance company because they didn't want to cover them. They won...but then the company dropped them 3 months later. That's what they're worried about.

They want to see:

A plan for SOP's
Credentials (though they wouldn't elaborate on that when I pressed them)

@steve8140

Link Posted: 8/17/2021 11:12:23 PM EDT
[#5]
What sort of SOPs and credentials do they want? I've planned and executed a lot of large scale night fire training with both individual and crew served weapons along with being a member and former captain of the All Guard marksmanship team and the NH NG SARTS program. The safety aspects aren't that difficult. If I can get a couple hundred soldiers to do it safely, I'm sure we can get a few civilians through it without any issues. I'm happy to help if you need it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 5:10:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 10:01:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Just find a snowmobile trail, walk a half mile untill you find a place to shoot.
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top