Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2020 4:00:59 PM EDT
We are planning in being in Frankfort KY November 4th/5th... then Winchester 5th, 6th & 7th before heading down to Gatlinburg. (Weekend directly following election )

We had these vacation plans booked well prior to the civil unrest we are experiencing.

We had planned on going into Lexington, but now, we will remain in the outskirts.  Just want to make sure these areas are relatively calm, or if I need to re-evaluate our plans.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 5:34:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I've not personally heard of anything really going on in Frankfort or Winchester, and I think this is likely a situation where "no news is good news" applies. Hopefully members a little closer to those areas can chime in.

Honestly, Lexington hasn't even had much going on, especially recently. They had several nights of protests after Floyd's death, but even those were legitimately mostly peaceful. I heard about a few small incidents and arrests, but nothing like businesses burning down or anything like that.

With that said, who knows what today's announcement in Louisville will bring.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 7:31:56 PM EDT
[#2]
"Supposedly" this weekend or next might get a little "spicy" in Lexington. This is from a friend of mine that is quietly on our side, but works for the other as a bouncer at a couple of the "alternate" bars. She said most likely, NEXT weekend would be the one to steer clear of downtown. Nothing yet for later this year, however...
I have not seen any real uptick in people/ crowds and I work on the edge of a "Gentrified" area. Always watching, however...
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 11:20:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Supposedly" this weekend or next might get a little "spicy" in Lexington. This is from a friend of mine that is quietly on our side, but works for the other as a bouncer at a couple of the "alternate" bars. She said most likely, NEXT weekend would be the one to steer clear of downtown. Nothing yet for later this year, however...
I have not seen any real uptick in people/ crowds and I work on the edge of a "Gentrified" area. Always watching, however...
View Quote

The edge is right. There's a few areas in that immediate vicinity that I'd rather not be caught in after sunset.

I've still never made it out to y'alls store, by the way. The wife rarely lets me go buy stuff because she thinks the things I buy are stupid
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 8:07:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Nothing going on in Frankfort and Winchester.   Should be good to go.  I live in Frankfort and all is quiet on the Western Front.

Louisville is really the only major hot spot.   Thus far anything that has started in Lexington has sputtered out real fast.

I do not think Lexington will be as tolerate of the agitators as Louisville was in the past few months but we will see.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 4:27:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I do not think Lexington will be as tolerate of the agitators as Louisville was in the past few months but we will see.
View Quote

Just wait until they rename Rupp Arena...
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 7:49:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The edge is right. There's a few areas in that immediate vicinity that I'd rather not be caught in after sunset.

I've still never made it out to y'alls store, by the way. The wife rarely lets me go buy stuff because she thinks the things I buy are stupid
View Quote

Yeah. Working just over a block from Maple/7th is entertaining at times. I sleep at the shop sometimes, and, man, the things that I have seen and heard at times is straight up tabloid/ sitcom quality, LOL. Maybe you can "sneak" down sometime? you know, "other business in the area" type of op..? We love it when we have ARFCOMers' wander in to the place.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 6:47:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies guys.  I'll probably check back near election to make sure everything is still decent.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 8:52:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Lex, Winchester, and gtown Ive seen nothing.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#9]
There are couple of trucks rolling around Winchester with Stars and Bars. I have seen anything BLM other than a couple of land whales driving around town with it written on car windows.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 2:47:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Frankfort is quiet.....as always.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 10:38:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Lexington is having a "Trump" parade on Sunday, October 11th. Starts at 1 and goes until 3, all the way around New Circle. THAT is gonna rustle some jimmies, bet'cha.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top