User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/30/2020 10:03:05 PM EDT
Anything kickin off locally?
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:13:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Some frogginess on RTE 8 earlier, about 100 reported people. CSP closed it in both directions. Some heat in Hartford, but nothing major. Thats all I have heard.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 11:09:06 PM EDT
[#2]
My wife said something about Rt8. But I was looking at squid jigs and my mind was elsewhere.  

Hopefully it stays quiet
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 11:37:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Why are these cities putting up with these riots? Send in the guard and shoot to kill.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:14:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Jogging on the highway is illegal
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 5:13:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Bridgeport is A CESS POOL. Chief Perez is A Tool. That Is All , stay away from that Shithole.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:15:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Ridgefield, shockingly, is quiet.

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#7]
They had a protest at the frog bridge in willimantic.  It was a very small gathering
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:54:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ridgefield, shockingly, is quiet.

View Quote
You're probably 5min from me.

No riots here, tho I heard a firework around 2am
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:05:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why are these cities putting up with these riots? Send in the guard and shoot to kill.
View Quote

"Cough..Boston Massacre..Cough"
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:37:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quiet at least in my neck of the woods in New Haven.

Apparently there was some sort of small protest in Hartford and something happened on RT8 (why there who knows other than to annoy drivers and possibly play the stupid prizes game). Something small in New London as well apparently.

https://www.wtnh.com/video/peaceful-protest-in-new-london-supporting-george-floyd-saturday/
https://www.wtnh.com/news/connecticut/hartford/peaceful-protests-against-police-brutality-continue-in-hartford/
https://www.wtnh.com/news/protest-in-bridgeport-spills-onto-route-8/

Quoted:
View Quote

Look at where they are taking place. Almost in exclusively Democratic run cities and towns. Sometimes very long run Democratic locations. Democratic politicians are loathed to have their appointed police chiefs (who likewise tend to be Democratic leaning) crack down on large portions of the local populous. Very bad come election/reelection time which is just months away.

Look at how the media is spinning the stories. MSNBC laughably had a reporter saying the protests were mostly peaceful while there was a huge fire behind them. The media has trying to spin this as Orange.Man.Bad. Strangely various politicians in Minnesota dealing with the riots said that many of the protestors were from out of state and the violence was started by Antifa and similar groups as strange things were occurring like a pallet of bricks suddenly (and helpfully for the riot rock throwers) showing up on a street corner in the riot area. 24 hours or so later many of those same politicians have done an about face saying most of those arrested are locals (to MN) and that it's (quite laughably) "white supremacists" who are being violent/starting the riots. Seems they all got some sort of memo overnight to change their narrative.

Kind of funny how first it was Covid being used to destroy the economy, now just as people were fed up with Democratic stay at home orders and media hyping of the beer virus (must wear face masks/social  distance) we have racial strife and rioting in many cities to keep the economy in the toilet and strangely there is media silence on the rather obvious lack of social distancing and lack of mask wearing by the rioters. Just weeks ago they railed about the Michigan non violent armed protestors for daring to oppose a Democratic governors edicts, not social distancing or wearing masks. Crickets for the violent rioters by those very same MSM outlets.

The whole thing seems way too convent. Nothing was working to take Trump down, then the Flynn declass/call transcription info drops showing that there was nothing to investigate him for (there by taking down a huge portion of the Democratic Russia, Russia, Russia claim). As the Flynn info is dropping we suddenly have Floyd being killed, supposedly over a counter fit $20 bill, by an officer who worked at the same club Floyd worked at. Something smells very fishy. Way too many oddities happening all at the same time. So many its enough to make one put on yards of tinfoil.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:52:33 AM EDT
[#11]
I heard of some happenings / demonstrations planned for stamford and norwalk today around 13:00?

Was at the local stop n shop to pick up some bbq essentials for later and saw signs that they were closing the store early today and the next reopen was :TBD - sorry mgmt. They had two radio cars at one side of the building, shopping carts lined up against the bank blocking the teller area as well as the ATM...

I sure as fuck hope the po-leese nut up and dispense with the hickory shampoo if clowns start attempting to loot and burn shit down.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:03:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm not a betting man but I would put money down on Norwalk
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 12:55:16 PM EDT
[#13]
84 is shut down in Waterbury
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm not a betting man but I would put money down on Norwalk
View Quote

Happening now. Rt1 closed in both directions in a relatively small area.

Fucking shitbirds.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 2:01:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I-95 shut down in New Haven
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 2:22:13 PM EDT
[#16]
They walked from CT ave then took 95 north to the norwalk PD.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#17]
My buddy just texted me and said theres a protest in southbury at dunkin donuts exit 15, he said about 25 people there...
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 3:05:40 PM EDT
[#18]
few more...

Protesters shut down I-84 near Exit 21 in Waterbury
https://twitter.com/WTNH/status/1267133345705705472

Protest in New Haven Sunday makes its way from downtown streets onto the southbound lanes of I-95
https://twitter.com/WTNH/status/1267144706464657408
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Funny, the cops won't let you walk down the shoulder of an interstate, but they'll let you stand in the middle of it.

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:20:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They walked from CT ave then took 95 north to the norwalk PD.
View Quote

Was down there a half hour ago, seemed more like an instagram photo op than a protest. Kinda comical. I bet half of them really didnt know why they were there.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#21]
There were about 40 people walking down the main drag on the sidewalk in Fairfield around 230-3ish. They seemed to be heading for the main green. No one was paying attention to them.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:41:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My buddy just texted me and said theres a protest in southbury at dunkin donuts exit 15, he said about 25 people there...
View Quote

Subaru’s and lesbians and a smattering of antique dealers?

Waterbury popped off down by Long Hill Rd.

Near Arby’s fir all you gourmands

6-7 miles from my mountain top chalet
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:56:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Was down there a half hour ago, seemed more like an instagram photo op than a protest. Kinda comical. I bet half of them really didnt know why they were there.
View Quote

So true... When they made their way towards the 95 on ramp one of them was shouting "say their names" and I assumed that meant the victims of brutality, what she got wrre a bunch of puzzled looks like ummmm, i dont know their names. Priceless!
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Subaru’s and lesbians and a smattering of antique dealers?
View Quote

I lived in Southbury in the early 1970's.  Homos and antique shops, eh?  It sounds like nothing has changed there.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:39:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Well
No Waterbarbarians rolled up to the highlands yet. I just got done stuffin mags, function checks, testing weapon lights and aimpoints.

De-linting the holstered pistols.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:41:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Bridgeport is A CESS POOL. Chief Perez is A Tool. That Is All , stay away from that Shithole.
View Quote

There the occasional diamond in the rough. Born and raised there.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:03:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Out on the bike with friends yesterday and drove by about 200 non violent protestors in Winsted.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:55:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Out on the bike with friends yesterday and drove by about 200 non violent protestors in Winsted.
View Quote

Protesting what?  Too many trees?  Save the bears?

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:58:39 AM EDT
[#29]
New Haven PD investigate attempted arson after Molotov cocktail thrown at substation

Police say that just after 2 a.m., a Molotov cocktail was thrown at a New Haven Police Department’s substation at 596 Winchester Avenue in the Newhallville neighborhood.

The attempted arson caused minor cosmetic damage and no injuries were reported.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:52:46 AM EDT
[#30]
New London had a march and a gathering at the parade plaza on Saturday.  Both were peaceful when I saw them, I was actually walking the dog while the March was going on.  For everything bad about NL (too many non-profits, high taxes, dem controlled city) the one thing which normally can be counted on is lots of people from different backgrounds being able to get along.  Fortunately all the rich, white, leftist from CT College are at home, as it wouldn't have surprised me if some would be-wannabe Antifa types tried to stir up the crowd.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:39:00 PM EDT
[#31]
I hope all these people had masks on
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:17:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
New Haven PD investigate attempted arson after Molotov cocktail thrown at substation

Police say that just after 2 a.m., a Molotov cocktail was thrown at a New Haven Police Department’s substation at 596 Winchester Avenue in the Newhallville neighborhood.

The attempted arson caused minor cosmetic damage and no injuries were reported.
View Quote

Lol
Winchester ave/ Newhallville?

Yeah that’s been Mogadishu since the late 60s.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:07:51 PM EDT
[#33]
5 people protesting in front of the simsbury police dept.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:10:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I hope all these people had masks on
View Quote

Why aren’t they being arrested for defying Lamont’s order? They are putting everyone in danger!
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:48:29 PM EDT
[#36]

"The protest was peaceful, though Connecticut State Police asked the protesters to leave because the area they are in could block ambulances and health care workers from access to St. Francis Hospital."

Asked?  Asked!?!!!?

Kick their asses out of there or arrest them and charge them.

Fuck 'em!  God damn it!

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:52:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Lamont, the Hartford Police Chief, and the State Police have already decided they're on the side of the protesters.   They aren't clearing shit.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:55:10 PM EDT
[#38]

Nothing gets people on your side like keeping them from getting home, setting their businesses on fire, and looting them. Perfect way to win hearts and minds.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#39]
I've been seeing this shit for 55 years (whining, bitching, moaning, vandalizing, stealing, looting, rioting, etc).  Each time they lost more of my sympathy until about 30 years ago I had nothing left.  Fuck 'em!

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:18:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Blue State Governors Like ours. $$$ WANT A BAIL OUT $$$. Temper tantrum’s like this should do it. Hahahahahaha good luck RED NED.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:40:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Lamont, the Hartford Police Chief, and the State Police have already decided they're on the side of the protesters.   They aren't clearing shit.
View Quote

Yeah this morning on Fox61 I heard Lamont sucking "protester" dick.  Hartford mayor Luke Bronin sucking "protester" dick.  And some female spokesman for the CT state police talking about the blocking of I84 and not using riot gear so as not to inflame the situation, and unity, and other such bullshit.  

After seeing the CT state police recruitment video recently (minorities, homos, weirdos, etc) I'm not surprised the CT state police is being run by a bunch of leftist commie pussies.

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 1:12:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Imagine if when we had our rally's at the Capitol back in 2013 and we tried to block 84 to protest infringement of our constitutional rights do you think the police would stand with us and take a knee?  

Yet now our "leaders" stand with and encourage outright criminal behavior.  It has truly become bizzaro world.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 1:57:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Fairfield main drag has cop cars blocking all the feeder streets that go to residential areas. People dressed in all black with signs already assembling. Several businesses in Westport have boarded their windows, like Tiffany's
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
5 people protesting in front of the simsbury police dept.
View Quote

Lol I live in Simsbury, I didn’t think the protesting would make it here.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:45:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Can you imagine if we had a 2A protest blocking the highway? We’d be terrorists
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Developing in West Hartford.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:08:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Developing in West Hartford.
View Quote

Yep.  First rule of looting.  Go where the loot is.  Just down the street from me.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:50:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Just heard our jackass governor yapping.  He's all sympathetic to these assholes.  I wish we could recall him.

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#49]
He posted a picture on Facebook of him standing about a foot from another woman without a mask
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Per a CT state trooper I know -

BLM in Danbury Weds or Thurs (6/3 or 6/4) and then maybe in Brewster, NY on Saturday.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top