Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2022 1:34:29 AM EDT
What is the best place to sell a gun locally these days, in the Mesa/East Mesa area? Gun shop? Pawn shop?

Who is the easiest to deal with, the least amount of hassle and gives fair pricing?

Looking for a local alternate to selling online via the EE forum, or CL/OfferUp, etc.

Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#1]
AJI out in Apache Junction would be my first call, but I don't know if they buy on the spot, or only do consignment??
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Why not put a local-only sale on the EE?  Give your brother arfcommers a chance.

LGS or pawn is going to low ball you.  Consignment will be slow unless the item is priced right and marketable.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 2:02:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 5:55:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They will buy outright. Don't expect "top dollar" though.
View Quote
I would expect this of any LGS that buys outright. They have to (potentially) sit on the item until it sells. I wouldn't expect much more than 50% of new price when selling outright to any LGS.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 7:57:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Depends on what you consider fair pricing.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:42:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why not put a local-only sale on the EE?  Give your brother arfcommers a chance.

LGS or pawn is going to low ball you.  Consignment will be slow unless the item is priced right and marketable.
View Quote

Of course, I wouldn't expect them not to low ball me. I've sold tools are pawn shops and they give you about 50% of what they think they will get, which is usually around another 50% off retail.

That said, I'm just exploring my options. I already put the rifle on EE, but I've barely got any views and no questions or offers.
I put everything in one post, but I may need to delete and re-post in separate threads. I was being lazy I guess.

However I'm going to sell anything unless I feel the price is right and I can secure offers/sales for everything... I don't want to get stuck with mags or ammo and no rifle, or a rifle with no mags or ammo, etc.
I don't have any other rifles that take AR-15 mags or use 5.56mm/.223 and I likely won't in the near future.

I know the economy sucks and there might be a ban soon. Not sure if these things help or hurt me.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Tacswap, armslist and Arizona shooting (another forum) offer local postings. I know you said not wanting to sell online but I’ve had quite a few dealings on these sites.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 9:53:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Tacswap, armslist and Arizona shooting (another forum) offer local postings. I know you said not wanting to sell online but I’ve had quite a few dealings on these sites.
View Quote

Great to know.  I am getting ready to downsize, majorly.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:26:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I actually bought, sold and traded a bunch of stuff on ArizonaShooting in the past.

But the site went away for a bit and came back with some weird rules for posting in the classifieds. Something like randomly giving access and it wasn't based on post count or join date.

Guess I should see if anything has changed.

Never heard of Tacswap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top