Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2021 9:10:20 AM EDT
My son and I are going to Perry for the first time in August for the Nationals.

One of the matches I am shooting requires the last four digits of my lower to be recorded on the score card.  Problem is the lower on my service rifle came from an 80% receiver so no serial.

Looking for a local engraver somewhere near Plainfield who can engrave it while I wait.  I typically use Tar Heel but since they are out of state they can not receive a lower for engraving that does not have a serial.  

Link Posted: 4/4/2021 11:04:53 AM EDT
[#1]
BAT in Plano. Haven't used them but heard positives.  Don't know about the while you wait though.

https://www.batarms.com/

I've read where some people have used trophy shops.

Engraving question has been posted before, but search has been restricted from the archives unless I'm missing it

I recall there was a place in Bensenville.

Edit: Creatively searching outside of site search to find posts. Could check these. No idea if any local shops have a decent gunsmith that does this.

Hot Spot engraving in Bensenville
DSA in Barrington
Krios Engraving in  Geneseo (reports of while you wait but too far from Plainfield)

May be some posts in the SBR thread.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 8:21:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Going to Hot Spot in Bensenville today.  Will report back when the job is done.

Hot Spot is G2G.  Turnaround was quick and quality was 100%.  I highly recommend Hot Spot for anyone in the Chicagoland area!
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:37:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Going to Hot Spot in Bensenville today.  Will report back when the job is done.

Hot Spot is G2G.  Turnaround was quick and quality was 100%.  I highly recommend Hot Spot for anyone in the Chicagoland area!
View Quote

I will give them a call
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top