Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2018 9:42:10 AM EDT
I was told that Da Fuher Healey sent word out to all police chiefs that they needed to more aggressive into looking at their towns' owners storage of firearms and action accordingly.  Anyone else heard this or seen a copy of the letter?
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 5:16:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 8:18:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have not seen or heard this. How would they do this? Would the Chief come knocking on my door to inspect to see if I have a safe and how I’m storing my guns and ammo?

Pretty sure I wouldn’t let anyone in without a warrant, and I’m pretty sure they’re not getting warrants for random searches.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 11:04:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 8:51:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Without a copy of the letter as proof it's just a tinfoil hat rumor. I wouldn't put it past that cunt but I doubt the police departments have the resources to bother.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 9:55:15 AM EDT
[#5]
So I "heard" from what should be a good source, but have no proof which is why I figured I'd pose the question to this group to see if anyone else had heard that.  Perhaps I should ask my chief about it!
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 4:38:58 PM EDT
[#6]
If anyone on here would know, it would be @LenS or @Blue_Monkey.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Never heard of this. I think it is a "gun shop story" personally. Wouldn't float legally for a search warrant. Not sure that "suitability" would fly for refusing either, even in a Mass court.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 10:21:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I haven't heard anything either. Nothing on the Mass.gov AG page.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 6:34:29 AM EDT
[#9]
OP it looks like your source wasn't as good as you thought, you might want to take what they say with a grain of salt going forward. We have enough bad shit directed at us, I don't know why idiots feel the need to make shit up and try to pass it off as truth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top