Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2022 11:33:54 AM EDT
There is a possibility we may be relocating for a job in Little Rock.  I haven't been to Little Rock in about 20 years but I do know it's got some pretty sketchy areas.  I'm looking for input on good locations to live.  Got two kids in elementary school.  

I'd like to be no more than 45 minutes from the airport.  We have been looking at Bryant and Benton but I'm hearing mixed info about those areas.  I see good things about Maumelle but was hoping to beat but more rural.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 12:36:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Look around Cabot.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 10:55:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Conway would be where I'd look
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#3]
45 minutes to the airport could be tough in rush hour traffic from Conway.  Cabot should be a little easier.  Jacksonville might be the answer.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:23:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm thinking Conway is probably out.  Cabot looks like good bang for your buck and schools seem to be rated pretty high.  Being close to the AFB means we can go to commissary.

Is Benton/Bryant/Salem area bad?  We like off roading, camping, fishing, etc and looks like being on the West side would give quicker/easier access to that stuff.  We'll be scouting the whole Little Rock and surrounding area in a few days.  Going to spend a couple days driving around checking it out.  

Link Posted: 4/3/2022 9:53:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Benton/Bryant is good.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 5:11:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Benton/Bryant is good.
View Quote

Agreed. Benton has more of a rural feel to me. I think some of the smaller towns near by get classified as Benton. Tull is one of them I beleive.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 5:31:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, we'll be checking it out next week.  I grew up in small town Texas and want to get back to that lifestyle.  The kids are probably going to hate it (and humidity).  
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 11:23:37 AM EDT
[#9]
We spent a few days driving around near Benton and liked it.  Weather was crap. Rental car looks like a golf ball.  I guess I should have gotten the extra insurance but at least it wasn't my Jeep that got all the hail damage.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:14:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We spent a few days driving around near Benton and liked it.  Weather was crap. Rental car looks like a golf ball.  I guess I should have gotten the extra insurance but at least it wasn't my Jeep that got all the hail damage.
View Quote

Oh crap you caught it when it was bad!

I live in West Little Rock and enjoy it here. I'm from Texarkana but my wife grew up here and this is where we will be for a while. There was an understanding we would send our kids to the private Catholic School my wife attended so the location wasn't that important but we settled in Pleasant Valley. If you want to get out further west there are some decent schools down Highway 10. If your primary concern is public schools I would look outside of Little Rock.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah that was the evening a tornado blew across north of little rock and the air force base.  Benton and many other places got hit with hail   We didn't make it up to Cabot but we hung around in the north west side of town a bit.  Saw a lot of nice neighborhood but not what I'm looking for.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:29:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yeah that was the evening a tornado blew across north of little rock and the air force base.  Benton and many other places got hit with hail   We didn't make it up to Cabot but we hung around in the north west side of town a bit.  Saw a lot of nice neighborhood but not what I'm looking for.  
View Quote

I completely understand not wanting a neighborhood. Roland, Hwy 10, Kanis, Ferncliff all have land albeit expensive but you can find 5-10 acres out there for a respectable amount.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:48:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I signed my tentative offer for the job yesterday.  Hopefully I can get out of Vegas before summer really kicks in.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:53:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I completely understand not wanting a neighborhood. Roland, Hwy 10, Kanis, Ferncliff all have land albeit expensive but you can find 5-10 acres out there for a respectable amount.
View Quote

I prefer to not be in a neighborhood but can deal with it provided the lots are large enough.  I need some space and privacy.  Here, I have 5 houses who's upstairs looks right into my backyard (I'm at the end of a cul de sac) and I hate it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:58:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I prefer to not be in a neighborhood but can deal with it provided the lots are large enough.  I need some space and privacy.  Here, I have 5 houses who's upstairs looks right into my backyard (I'm at the end of a cul de sac) and I hate it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depending on where you're working the commute can take a little while if you move outside of town. There is a pretty good state range in Mayflower when the time comes.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 7:38:26 PM EDT
[#16]
We moved from Arlington, WA to Cabot in April 2019 and 3+ years later, we still could not be happier with that decision.

The Cabot school district is great and you can get quite a bit of room outside of city limits here and not live in a neighborhood.

There's not alot of restaurants though, you gotta head South for the good stuff, lol.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I’d say Cabot or Conway.  I live on the SW side of Searcy and am based at the airport.  It’s a 43 min drive for me, door to door, as long as it’s not around 0700.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 11:49:00 AM EDT
[#18]
I’m under contract in Benton. Got beat out of two houses so just went with a new build. Lot is smaller than I want but house is great. Got it for a good bit under budget so I’ll be able to save up some cash for a bit.

All our family is in TX. Cabot would have added another hour or so to that drive and also put me farther from other things I like to do.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top