Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2022 4:04:19 PM EDT
I noticed that other HTF pages have pinned threads of ranges in those states.  Would be cool if we had one.  Maybe Range name, address, coordinates, and a pic or two.  Could post if they are public or private.

Just an idea.  I’m not sure if it’s been brought up before.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:58:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Wilson Shoals WMA Shooting Range Homer,Ga

Website

Address

Good 100yd rifle range [100yd sight in] and nice pistol bays.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:14:59 PM EDT
[#3]
https://georgiawildlife.com/chestnut-mountain-shooting-range

Decent range, you police yourself, no RSO.  Can get crowded, but go in an off hour and it's all yours.

The berm is a hundred yards.  They have plastic netting to hang targets at 25, 50, or 75 on several lanes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#4]
River Bend Gun Club - Dawsonville, GA

Private

www.rbgc.org

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 8:20:02 PM EDT
[#5]
EAGC local to Columbus area. I am a member. Private guest are allowed. Yearly dues 250. And the owner also manufacturing ammo. So clubhouse always has ammo. 300yds max 20 something bays

EAGC

Strong point in Waverly hall. Just north of Columbus. Public. Only open on Fri-Sat-Sun out 400 yds and has pistol bays

Strongpiint

The big dawg range. Arena Training Facility. Bleakley Ga.
100-2300 meters. Has two long ranges. One is 1k and other I think is out to 2300. It's private training. Open to matches and train. Does have open range days. Some months. And you can use the long rifle out to 2300. Also has lodging on site (small two man cabins) and decent local motels.

Arena my fav of them all
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 5:58:10 AM EDT
[#6]
West Point WMA range, ran by old guys. Lol public. 150 yds. No rapid fire.

WMA

Also hear of one being planned or built in heard county. 1k yd rifle. And other stuff. Probably private with a membership. Their goal is to be a like mini arena. Just a rumor as of now. I will update if I hear anything else about.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 8:49:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 9:13:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Athens Rifle Club is a private club capped at 400 members, I'm on the board so PM me if you're interested.

Athens Rifle Club

I shoot sporting clays at Elberton and know several members, it's a private club capped at 1300 members.

http://www.elbertcogunclub.com/membership.html

I help setup 3-Gun at Georgia Mountain Shooting Association in Toccoa. They also have tactical pistol, 2-gun PCC, Benchrest, SASS, and IDPA matches open to the public. They are a private range, I'm unsure if there's a cap.

http://www.gmsaclub.com/membership.html

Link Posted: 9/12/2022 10:03:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:12:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 12:40:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I help setup 3-Gun at Georgia Mountain Shooting Association in Toccoa. They also have tactical pistol, 2-gun PCC, Benchrest, SASS, and IDPA matches open to the public. They are a private range, I'm unsure if there's a cap.

http://www.gmsaclub.com/membership.html
View Quote

I wonder if we've met?  I'm a member there and shoot the Tac Pistol and 2-Gunmatches, with the occasional 3-Gun match thrown in for fun.

I don't know if there is a cap either, but I believe they are accepting new member applications.  You have to get someone to vouch for you, which isn't tough if you show up at a couple of the regular club matches.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 1:17:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I wonder if we've met?  I'm a member there and shoot the Tac Pistol and 2-Gunmatches, with the occasional 3-Gun match thrown in for fun.

I don't know if there is a cap either, but I believe they are accepting new member applications.  You have to get someone to vouch for you, which isn't tough if you show up at a couple of the regular club matches.
View Quote

Possibly, I've only shot a couple 2-Gun matches and no Tac Pistol. I have a long red beard and look like the guy in my avatar lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top